London Lore Tarot...

VGimlet

Ohh, really interested in this deck, but must wait until after Christmas.

nisaba

Ohh, really interested in this deck, but must wait until after Christmas.

It IS after Christmas, VG! It's after many, many Christmasses. })

Pipistrelle

My London Lore Tarot arrived yesterday and it's very cool. Let me count the ways...

The art is bold, stylish and consistent. Based on my first few flicks through the deck, I can't recall any 'ugly' cards - such a relief as bought it on the basis of just a few images. The black and white is so striking especially when there are lots of cards spread out.

The card stock is lurvely. It feels like proper playing card stock, with a sort of very thin plastic coating but with a texture. It makes the cards feel very whippy and flippy. I know this is very subjective but I like it a lot.

The characters, places and stories that illustrate the cards seem to be very well chosen. There are MANY I don't know and will have to read up on but I can generally still see a connection to the card meaning in the image or the name. They seem like they'll be very readable. There are also a lot of cards based on things I do know. I got a lovely surprise with the 6 and 8 of Cups, which both hold personal meaning for me. :)

I've yet to read past the Magician in the LWB (or MBB - medium black book) but so far so good.

And them's my first impressions.

decan

Thank you Pipistrelle for your first impressions!

nisaba

Now I can't wait even more <hops from foot to foot>.

nisaba

My London Lore Tarot arrived yesterday and it's very cool. Let me count the ways...

And mine has just this minute arrived! So far, I've managed to rip off the padded postal envelope ... to my utter delight revealing a box that WASN'T shrink-wrapped - always a HUGE positive, as it means less polymeric petroluem-products to be thrown away into an environment that is already overloaded with man-made substances.

I opened it, expecting the cards to be shrink-wrapped within, as nobody could be *that* wonderful and ecological ... and he WAS! Completely! No shrink-wrapping to be seen anywhere! The only plastic that was added to the environment by my purchase was the bubble-wrap inside the postal envelope, which I'll be re-using. :)

Did I mention that I already liked the creator because he sent me a really, really nice thank-you email in addition to the standard automatic "your purchase is on its way" email? Well, I like him even more, now. Tanga, you have *good* friends! Tell him my comments.

I haven't had a chance to look through the deck, yet. My game-plan is this: first I'll check gregory's collection to see if she has it, and if she hasn't, I'll crow very loudly and triumphantly in her direction. Secondly I'll attend to the PMs waiting here for me, in case there's something catastrophically important. Then thirdly, I'll sit down with a coffee (already bought) and the deck, and go through it and enjoy its lusciousness.

Oh, happy days.

Edited to add: I've done the crowing. <smug look>

cbiz83

I hadn't heard of this deck, but given the rave reviews here I just searched it. omg it's gorgeous. Now I want to save for it.

nisaba

I hadn't heard of this deck, but given the rave reviews here I just searched it. omg it's gorgeous. Now I want to save for it.

I've stopped worrying about money so much though my income is still low. The way I look at it, if I can afford a tank of petrol or lunch out with friends, I can afford to go without that lunch, say, and buy a deck instead. Sooner or later the memories of the lunch will fade, but the deck will be with me forever.

Okay, probably two lunches for this deck, but it's *worth* it!

Tanga

And a very polite friend, too!

Sadly, I don't know your non-AT-name, so I wasn't able to reply saying "I bought it because of so-and-so", but I DID say "a friend of yours mentioned it on www.tarotforum.net and I was so taken with the artwork in the few images they scanned and put up, that I just had to have it." I also said I suspected that over time, AT may be the source of other sales, too <grin>.

I like Johnny already.

My real name IS Tanga. :) - and I told Johnny that you were buying. :love:

nisaba

<grin> Well, he was super-nice. And I like what I've seen of the deck so far. I particularly like the Minors. What an interesting deck!