Best Strength Cards

decan

Yes, the cat here must have a huge strength; but if he/she hasn't the cat could become a good meal! :)

Dee Ell

I like Strength in Cathy McClelland's long-awaited full deck coming out (finally!!) this May: http://www.cathymcclelland.com/html/tarot.htm

While it does skirt the issue of *how* - as someone on the previous page mentioned - aside from the overall aesthetics of the card, I like that the lemniscate is over her torso (rather than her head) and is centered (and glowing) over her solar plexus.

EmpyreanKnight

Yes, the cat here must have a huge strength; but if he/she hasn't the cat could become a good meal! :)

That gave me an idea. Perhaps if the lion just lies on his back to simulate a reversed Strength card, the cat would get so disoriented he'd slide down the lion's gullet. I'm not anti-cat though! I'd hate it if this happens to our Luna.

Nemia

I have also always liked Strength in the Cosmic tarot - the interplay between the outer and inner lion, which is which, and essentially, they're the same - and I love the 80s looks of this deck ;-)

Laura Borealis

I personally agree with the Thoth Lust card, but it has a few Thelemic byways that might baffle the neophyte.

To me it's just not Strength. It's Lust, which is fine, but it doesn't stand for Strength to me. That's one thing I appreciate about the Mutational Alchemy tarot, they changed Lust back to Strength.

I don't have the deck, but one Strength I really like is the one from the Dante tarot (the one by the same artist as the Tarot of the Stars Eternal). I love that stylized art. The Strength figure is neither forcing open, nor forcing closed the lion's mouth - she just has it placed in between his jaws. She's also impressively muscular. More buff Strength ladies please! :D

I'm also very fond of the Silicon Dawn's Strength. In some early decks, Strength (or Force) is shown as a woman with a broken pillar (referring to Samson breaking the pillars of the temple I think) so the Silicon Dawn is a neat twist. Instead of breaking a pillar, she has actually taken the pillar's place, like a caryatid, and is holding up the roof. There's a lion there too, or a lion-human hybrid, looking more like a fierce-acting housecat than a lion, but I like that about it.

Attachments

• Strength Dante.jpg
    Strength Dante.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Strength Silicon Dawn.jpg
    Strength Silicon Dawn.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 137

Astilano

Thelema Tarot