Tarot Cards for Study and Education

elena_jaymz

To me Pages are about *needing* to learn, not actually learning. To me, the Eight Pentacles speaks of study relating to skills or occupations (including academic study), whilst the Hermit speaks of spiritual learning taken as a life-path. :)

Hi nisaba, thanks for your reply. I agree about the Pages, they need to learn and I also agree about the 8 Pents. For what concerns The Hermit yes, he's more about spiritual learning.

elena_jaymz

I study Communications

I've had a lot of wands show up for me in relation to study, mostly the knight, queen, 3, 4 ,6, 7.
Hi JadePixie, thanks for your reply! Great, indeed Wands can represent communication, so it adds up!

10 of cups or the Sun - usually shows when I get good grades

I've had the Chariot show up quite a bit too - urging me on when it comes to assessment tasks

The Devil - yeh this shows up when I'm procrastinating/being lazy
Yes, they make sense!

Have had 5 of pentacles advise me against taking on too much work, advise me against a particular subject
This one is interesting, it's like a warning against ending up like "out in the cold", it adds up.

elena_jaymz

10 of Wands may be when you take on so many courses in one semester, that your back is almost breaking. You have proven your competence previously however, so while you may have eaten more than you can chew, you can still do it.
Hi, thank you very much! I agree about the 10 Wands, taking on too much.

10 of Swords is when you fail a particularly important course, and being the end of the cycle and carrying the seeds of a new one, it keans you have no choice but to re-take it again. Hopefully, all the important lessons have been learned, figuratively and literally.
Yes, this one is perfect, I mean it clearly shows this aspect of failing "for your own good", that is to say yes, you failed your exam, but actually you learn by your mistakes.

elena_jaymz

I had two other ones:

King of Wands: I got it when asking about an exam result. His confident look made me think the result would have been positive and indeed it was :D

7 of Cups: I draw this one as what to expect this year for my universitary career. What struck me is that I planned to take EXACTLY SEVEN EXAMS this year and then I got a 7 Cups :D so I'd say the meaning is I need to arrange properly my time for all these exams, that is to make clear when and how to take them.