Fortune Teller Experience

Pineapple88

Would anyone comment on their first experience getting a Tarot reading done by a professional. Usually I hear you feel positive after a tarot reading, but my first time, after the reading, I was in tears. It has been five years since my first reading and my second time was two years ago. Both different readers and both times, I felt awful, paranoid, foggy, mistrustful and naked. It did affect my relationship with my partner because they similarly told me the same story about our situation that could tear us apart. They also mentioned other things which I was not ready for. I will admit, it did mess with my mind. To my relief, none of the predictions came true, but I became even more curious and skeptical of the whole ordeal.

Just wanted to hear what other people have experienced.

Hopefuldreamer

I've had both good and bad. The ones that were bad I feel were just scammers anyway. My very first one I got was when I was about twenty. The fortune teller did pick up on the fact that I had a rough childhood (but that can apply to a lot of people) and that was it. She had a lot of bad predictions for what was going to happen to me. Thankfully none of that happened. I was supposed to get in a bad car accident and everything. However, by my late twenties I would be married with kids. None of that happened. I didn't feel very good after talking with her, and that wasn't just because of the predictions. I just felt let down about her.

I belong to a site that helps you find real people and scammers. I found a good one online. She does her readings through Skype and she does tarot and crystal ball readings. I read with her for the first time last year, and she was right with most of the predictions except that I would meet someone by last September. She was right that I would have a problem with my car. Someone smashed my window to steal my emergency roadside kit. I just had a reading with her again last Monday. Both times I've read with her I've felt good and happy. Most of her reviews are happy ones. So from now on I am going with her if I want to talk to someone.

celticnoodle

I don't remember my first tarot card reading done for me, as I was quite young. My mom began taking us for readings when we were about 13, I guess. She was a reader too, but would never read for family. Probably good that she definitely didn't read for us kids!

Anyway, I don't recall early readings, but I do remember more of them from the time I was about 20/21. I always rcvd good readings with probably a few things mentioned that were bogus/never came to be. I always was brought up to understand that just because it is read in the cards doesn't mean it will be 100% correct and so to take it all w/a grain of salt.

That said, I had some truly fantastic readings, including one that predicted how and where I would meet my future husband and how our relationship would be. She even gave me his initials, and described his looks, his career and all. Other readings about me being pregnant, when I had yet to tell anyone at all, as I was JUST pregnant. The funny thing about that one was that my mother and sisters also went for readings and my oldest sister was also told she was pregnant and my mother was told that 2 babies would be born in the summer. So mom & sis originally jumped to the conclusion of her having twins.

I now go to a lady (sometimes in person, sometimes via phone) who reads with playing cards and she is an excellent reader and has often amazed me. She is also an empath and a medium, just like I am. I prefer her in person, as the reading is usually better, but at the same time, I seem to always wear her out physically, so while her phone readings aren't as great, they are still VERY good--and I don't seem to wear her out over the phone.

Even over the phone though, she still is able to pick up on spirits attached to me and is still able to know what is going on with me healthwise. :) She is a pro in every sense of the word!

Pineapple88

I've had both good and bad. The ones that were bad I feel were just scammers anyway. My very first one I got was when I was about twenty. The fortune teller did pick up on the fact that I had a rough childhood (but that can apply to a lot of people) and that was it. She had a lot of bad predictions for what was going to happen to me. Thankfully none of that happened. I was supposed to get in a bad car accident and everything. However, by my late twenties I would be married with kids. None of that happened. I didn't feel very good after talking with her, and that wasn't just because of the predictions. I just felt let down about her.

I belong to a site that helps you find real people and scammers. I found a good one online. She does her readings through Skype and she does tarot and crystal ball readings. I read with her for the first time last year, and she was right with most of the predictions except that I would meet someone by last September. She was right that I would have a problem with my car. Someone smashed my window to steal my emergency roadside kit. I just had a reading with her again last Monday. Both times I've read with her I've felt good and happy. Most of her reviews are happy ones. So from now on I am going with her if I want to talk to someone.

I am sorry to hear about your car. Seems like the fortune tellers sensed something about your car. Glad you're ok and nothing serious had happened to you.

Last summer, an acquaintance of my co-worker recommended a good psychic. The acquaintance praised the psychic highly and said all her predictions came true. I went with my co-worker as an observer and the psychic was doing the readings on her front porch. We didn't find anything wrong with that, but we started to become annoyed when the psychic interrupted the session by talking to her neighbour's kids. Anyways, none of the predictions came true for my co-worker. My co-worker was in denial and kept saying "Nothing came true for me because I wasn't so open to the experience."

Pineapple88

I don't remember my first tarot card reading done for me, as I was quite young. My mom began taking us for readings when we were about 13, I guess. She was a reader too, but would never read for family. Probably good that she definitely didn't read for us kids!

Anyway, I don't recall early readings, but I do remember more of them from the time I was about 20/21. I always rcvd good readings with probably a few things mentioned that were bogus/never came to be. I always was brought up to understand that just because it is read in the cards doesn't mean it will be 100% correct and so to take it all w/a grain of salt.

That said, I had some truly fantastic readings, including one that predicted how and where I would meet my future husband and how our relationship would be. She even gave me his initials, and described his looks, his career and all. Other readings about me being pregnant, when I had yet to tell anyone at all, as I was JUST pregnant. The funny thing about that one was that my mother and sisters also went for readings and my oldest sister was also told she was pregnant and my mother was told that 2 babies would be born in the summer. So mom & sis originally jumped to the conclusion of her having twins.

I now go to a lady (sometimes in person, sometimes via phone) who reads with playing cards and she is an excellent reader and has often amazed me. She is also an empath and a medium, just like I am. I prefer her in person, as the reading is usually better, but at the same time, I seem to always wear her out physically, so while her phone readings aren't as great, they are still VERY good--and I don't seem to wear her out over the phone.

Even over the phone though, she still is able to pick up on spirits attached to me and is still able to know what is going on with me healthwise. :) She is a pro in every sense of the word!

That's very interesting and spooky! I'm not doubting people don't have this gift because I believe some people do. A very close family member of mine would go to see psychics. Some were bogus, but there was this one psychic that basically mapped out their whole life. I never went to a psychic until I was 24. In a way, I was curious to the whole deal, but I don't like the idea of someone telling me of what my life will be like, even if the prediction is wrong.

When did you become and empath? Or is that something you're born with? I'm intrigued to know if you're a medium and can speak with the dearly departed. Why do you need to see another psychic?

nightowlwoman

I never had a professional tarot reader read for me. I did have an experience with a psychic who used a pendulum over a piece of paper with the outline of a body and many hands- chakra points. She could tell that my energy was open (because it was) but everything she had to say was awful. I actually did a ritual to break the psychic ties she had made with me. She told me that none of my dreams would come true and that I would become a photographer and live in remote villages, etc (none of which fits my personality). I could tell she was cold-reading me because of how plainly I dressed. She also told me that my boyfriend (a musician) was a deadbeat who was just using me (negative stereotype of musicians). I left feeling awful.

My beliefs are that if you walk away from a reading feeling totally torn down and dejected, it was a bad reading, period. If you need to face a hard truth, it will resonate as true without making you feel totally hopeless and depressed. There is a kindness with real truth even if it's a truth that hurts.

And I don't believe in fixed futures so I don't believe in fortune-telling. I think anyone who believes they can tell me exactly what is going to happen as if I don't have a choice is a power-grabbing scammer, period.

I read tarot professionally for people to offer guidance and support and to help them to trust themselves and heal. I believe in probable outcomes based on actions but aside from that, even if I could, I don't think it's ethical to tell people what will happen to them. It is disempowering.

Pineapple88

I never had a professional tarot reader read for me. I did have an experience with a psychic who used a pendulum over a piece of paper with the outline of a body and many hands- chakra points. She could tell that my energy was open (because it was) but everything she had to say was awful. I actually did a ritual to break the psychic ties she had made with me. She told me that none of my dreams would come true and that I would become a photographer and live in remote villages, etc (none of which fits my personality). I could tell she was cold-reading me because of how plainly I dressed. She also told me that my boyfriend (a musician) was a deadbeat who was just using me (negative stereotype of musicians). I left feeling awful.

My beliefs are that if you walk away from a reading feeling totally torn down and dejected, it was a bad reading, period. If you need to face a hard truth, it will resonate as true without making you feel totally hopeless and depressed. There is a kindness with real truth even if it's a truth that hurts.

And I don't believe in fixed futures so I don't believe in fortune-telling. I think anyone who believes they can tell me exactly what is going to happen as if I don't have a choice is a power-grabbing scammer, period.

I read tarot professionally for people to offer guidance and support and to help them to trust themselves and heal. I believe in probable outcomes based on actions but aside from that, even if I could, I don't think it's ethical to tell people what will happen to them. It is disempowering.

That's awful, how can you tell someone, psychic, or not, that a persons dreams will never come true.
Before, I did kick myself for looking for trouble that I could of avoided, but it's a lesson learned. In my case, they weren't overtly negative, but the one psychic did speak about my parents and their marriage; which I never asked about. She just randomly said your mom doesn't love your dad as much and I don't see them active in bed lol I was like what the f**ck! Where did this come from?! That's so private and not my business! I wanted to smack this woman!!!

I know that fear is a good way to milk any chance they get from people. It's a easy way to make business.
I seen my former boss do it to his clients.

It's very dis-empowering! What ritual did you use to remove the negativity?

Grizabella

I've never had a professional Tarot reader give me a reading. There are two instances that I guess came close.

The first incident was when I was in high school and my friend's mother, who read palms and other things, told my friend I was an "Aries woman". I don't know what she meant by that other than that she didn't like the fact very much. I asked my friend what that meant and she said she didn't know. Another striking thing about this woman was that she always saved the leftovers from meals, including what was left on people's plates, and then she put all that together in a pot added water if needed and made it all into soup. That's what she'd serve for dinner once a week. I'm talking everything that was left over----pancakes, fried eggs, toast, bones from meat---you name it. I never went there to have any meals because I'm squeamish.

The second experience was when a woman who was one of my neighbors took ahold of my hand, closed her eyes for a few minutes while still holding my hand, and then said my aura was burgundy and she'd never seen that before.

So that's as close as I've ever come to a reading from a professional. The women both did readings for others but I'm not sure whether they were professionals or not.

Pineapple88

I've never had a professional Tarot reader give me a reading. There are two instances that I guess came close.

The first incident was when I was in high school and my friend's mother, who read palms and other things, told my friend I was an "Aries woman". I don't know what she meant by that other than that she didn't like the fact very much. I asked my friend what that meant and she said she didn't know.

Another striking thing about this woman was that she always saved the leftovers from meals, including what was left on people's plates, and then she put all that together in a pot added water if needed and made it all into soup. That's what she'd serve for dinner once a week. I'm talking everything that was left over----pancakes, fried eggs, toast, bones from meat---you name it. I never went there to have any meals because I'm squeamish.

The second experience was when a woman who was one of my neighbors took ahold of my hand, closed her eyes for a few minutes while still holding my hand, and then said my aura was burgundy and she'd never seen that before.

So that's as close as I've ever come to a reading from a professional. The women both did readings for others but I'm not sure whether they were professionals or not.

Maybe times were tough during her upbringing and she doesn't want to waste food. I know it's a bit too much. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to dinner there myself. The comment about the "Aries Woman" was an ambiguous. What's wrong with "Aries Women?" All I know from my experience is they have a short temper.

Was there discussion after the burgundy comment? Or she just left it as that?

Grizabella

Maybe times were tough during her upbringing and she doesn't want to waste food. I know it's a bit too much. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to dinner there myself. The comment about the "Aries Woman" was an ambiguous. What's wrong with "Aries Women?" All I know from my experienthouce is they have a short temper.

I'm Sagittarian, which is a fire sign, too. I asked the girl what her mother meant and she said she didn't know. I don't have a short temper, so she may have meant something else. Back in those days I was a doormat. :p

Was there discussion after the burgundy comment? Or she just left it as that?

No, there wasn't any discussion after that. She didn't elaborate and just went home right after that. I was polite and thanked her. I thought it was kind of a strange encounter.