Star / 2 of swords / 3 of pentacles in the relationship reading ... help ;)

silverclouds

Hi everyone,
I recently got an interesting combo that I completely misinterpreted at first...
I was asking the cards about my ex - we haven't seen each other for 3 years now and we had a short-lived but incredibly passionate romance back in the days...which didn't work due to the long distance.

I was visiting the States where he lives and wanted to get in touch, just to say hi and catch up...Anyhow, I did and he completely ignored me which was a surprise because he messaged me himself a few months ago and was very sweet and supportive but this time I got a silence treatment.

I decided to do a spread and this is what I got - Star (his feelings for me), 2 of Swords (what will happen if I'll approach), 3 of Pentacles (as the outcome of it all).

I could use a bit of your help and experience please.

Am I right to say that the Star means his hope or is it more sort of unrealistic love, dreaminess? Meaning he still thinks of me but not as someone real or someone he wants to be dealing with in real terms, but still has some inner feelings?

2 of Swords - that's easy, I think it's exactly what it says - the ignorance, the unwillingness to talk or collaborate, the cold shoulder.

3 of Pentacles - this one I find very confusing...my only guess is that he has a girlfriend now and some say 3 of Pentacles means love triangle. Maybe he is confused about what he feels for me still, so he decided to shut me down and that leaves him somehow on the fence...I don't know, just guessing..

I only want to be cool and be friends with him, but I guess it's impossible at this time.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi silverclouds,

Are these all of the cards from the reading you did or were there additional cards that you don't need help with?

silverclouds

Hi rwcarter,
Yeah that were all the cards - I've only done a spread of 3 to clarify the specific situation.
Maybe I should have drawn more?

IndigoWaves

With the Star as his feelings for you, it looks they've been comfortably far away from his current reality... So, maybe he's made peace with the old relationship and feeling no compulsion to return to it/you as a result. The distance may have been healing for him, too, or is his preferred scenario, in general, as the 2 of Swords shows a calm determination to keep it in effect... He'll probably continue to block your attempts to get closer, even if ignoring you is the only way to do it.

The 3 of Pentacles, meanwhile, suggests to me that he's established a foundation with someone else and will keep working on their future together... Or, if he's not in another relationship, he's focused on solid, real-world advancement that makes a return to past romantic passion seem undesirably impractical.

silverclouds

Thanks for your feedback IndigoWaves!
That's a very accurate and helpful interpretation.

headincloud

Star / 2 of swords / 3 of pentacles

A situation needs to be faced in the 2S around hope of recognition in the 3P.