Uses of Tarot

TarotSpark

Hello guys,
I am sure that somebody has asked the same question before; but I could not find it - I am here to ask what might be the sensible uses of Tarot. I do personally use my cards as a tool for meditation and divination; but I wonder if there are any other uses of Tarot in our community.

All the Best,
Z.

SunChariot

Let's see...maybe as therapy. I am not a professional therapist of course, but I hear that some people who actually are use it as part of the process. Although it can be used by most people to help the querent feel better about things.

Some people use it to spark ideas of books they are writing, so it can be a tool to aid in creative writing.

To help make decisions.

To create what you want in your life, in the future.

To help understand some of life's mysteries and how life works...

That's all I got at the moment. LOL

Babs

headincloud

To understand the self, our own human nature and effectively harness that power constructively.

nisaba

Hello guys,
I am sure that somebody has asked the same question before; but I could not find it - I am here to ask what might be the sensible uses of Tarot. I do personally use my cards as a tool for meditation and divination; but I wonder if there are any other uses of Tarot in our community.

All the Best,
Z.

Okay, for fun.

For playing card games.

For creative work (set yourself the task of writing a song or a poem inspired by a random two-card pull, for example), or for plot advancement or character development in a novel (again, by shuffling and doing random pulls).

For keeping your hands busy so that you don't smoke/eat/drink etc at times of idleness.

For saturating yourself in artwork at random times (if you had to hang 78 paintings on the wall, could you fit it into your home? This way you can carry them with you wherever you go!)

I'm sure there are plenty of other non-meditation and non-divinatory uses that I haven't thought of.

Tanga

...For self therapy - figuring out the s*** that's going on in your head :joke:,

To commune with your Deity and guides,

As most excellent props in your rituals,

As inspiration to write stories,

As an aid to psychotherapy sessions,

As daily Talismans,

ShamanicSoul

I definitely echo the sentiment that tarot can be used to "know thyself"...I've very fruitfully utilized tarot for self-exploration. Also for spiritual study, it's very interesting to use the cards to familiarize yourself with the different archetypical energies that each card represents, and see how they play out in the world and in day-to-day life. :)

Nemia

Yes to all of those (study, enjoy, divine, meditate, affirm, play...) - and I'm starting to try some self-healing with the cards... let's see how that goes, me and my shadow.

EmpyreanKnight

I just use the Tarot primarily to seek knowledge about the past, understand the present, and divine the future, although I find that studying its deeper recesses, its esotericism, attributions, symbolism and nuances is a great joy by itself. Especially if you read very detailed tomes that delve on the manifold aspects of each card, I get to learn about different cultures, beliefs, historical events, and even people. It's just hugely instructive, not to mention interesting, and very much intellectually satisfying. Props to Rachel Pollack's books for this, although there are a host of other very good Tarot authors/tutors too.