Hanson-Roberts: Queen of Rods and the cat on her lap

Sulis

I get contentment from the cat. Sleeping power. ......I have cats. too many cats. It doesn't matter how sound asleep they are, if they smell food, or you dangle something in front of them, anything, they are ON IT in an instant. 0-60 in less than a second. The Queen to me would seem to possess this, quiet and serene, but with an intense power underneath that she can access at a moments notice. ......The cat's sheathed claws would seem to fulfill part of this imagery too.
Wow, I love what you've said about the cat here. I always think of the cat as representing intuition, mystery and sexuality too but I think you've really nailed it with your comments about intense power hidden beneath the surface.
Thanks for this :).

FallynRaiyn

wow, thank you for the compliment! when I first saw this card I just felt like I could feel his fur, hear him purr.
I love this deck in that the images seem to come alive with all the senses.

GoldenWolf

I notice that the cat and the lion's head on the Queen's chair both have the same contented expression if you look at them closely and compare the two. So the leonine element seems tamed yet happy like the queen herself. The rod she holds in her right hand is flowering. Flames from the banner behind her circle her head. She holds a sunflower in her left (intuitive) hand. I studied spiritualism for many years and this is a symbol of it to me. That underscores the intuitive aspect of the wands.