Halloween-Themed or just Gothic Oracles?

greatdane

Interested in any you wish to share, dear MG :)

Thanks for the list and please feel free to add :) I am also looking at...the HALLOWEEN ORACLE again. There are a lot of youtube vids on it. I try to look at vids of decks when I can and I shall be looking for vids on lots you've all been so kind to list here!
I'm pretty much set for Lenormand decks for Samhain. I have three Samhain Lenormands and Mysteries of the Old Castle, it's oracle decks that are not Lenormand I am mostly looking for.

greatdane

It's that time of the year!

Was going through all the recommendations from last year.

Checking out the Waterhouse again. I do love his paintings.

I do have the Samhain Lenormand. I am looking for a strictly oracle, more of a different look, vibe from the Lenormand or tarot decks.

Looking at the Halloween Oracle...again. I do love the images.

Anyone using certain oracles (STRICLY oracles, I have the Lenormand and tarot decks I want) this time of year or just ordered a Halloween or Gothic oracle?

AnemoneRosie

Now, I don't have this deck, but what about the Ceccoli oracle? Her artwork creeps me out in a rather Gothic manner.

greatdane

thanks, Anemone

but so not my style. It creeps me out and not in a good way. I do get it's creepy, but wrong kind of creepy for me.

I'm looking at more of a Fall/Samhain, even a Bohemian Gothic vibe. I do have tarot and Lenormand decks that fit that bill, but no just straight up oracle decks that don't follow either Lenormand or tarot.

MoonGypsy

Autumn Blessings, GD and all!

i only have a handful left in my collection from the original list i posted last year...but...

For me this year--It's Earthly Souls and Spirits Oracle!

[not strictly Halloween or necessarily Gothic--but plenty of Witches, Black Cats, Ravens, etc.]

It's not cheap, but worth every penny IMHO. It is gorgeous! And the backs! glorious different moon phases...

Here is an "unboxing" video by our own WinterChild, whose Youtube handle is Ragged Poet.

BTW, in the video Bobbie shows the older white generic tuck box. It now comes in a much lovelier tuck
box which you will see in the pics in the Etsy link below the vid link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLCpWHEMmBY

You can get the self Published deck on Etsy here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/271606856/terri-foss-oracle-earthly-souls-and?ref=shop_home_active_1

greatdane

Thanks MoonGypsy and Knight Sephiroth

I love looking at vids, MG, thanks! And Knight Sephiroth, GOOD POINT! I didn't think about that. It's hard for me to handle LARGE cards!

RiverRunsDeep

Adding my vote for the Halloween oracle and Earthly Souls and Spirits oracle. Both great choices!

Another good one is the Witch's Oracle. I don't have it, but someone did a reading for me with it last year, and it has been on my wish list ever since.

You might also consider the Samhain Treat Deck by Seven Stars. It isn't strictly an oracle, but I have used it that way with excellent results. And the pics are old fashioned and lovely, like a Victorian-style Halloween.

danieljuk

I did readings on here with the Samhain Treat Deck last year, they turned out really well for most people I read for! They are the old Hallowe'en vintage postcards from around the 1910's and just made into cards. Some of them have text (like poems) on you can use for advice, other cards just have pictures.

They do give good readings but there is no structure or meanings with them, you need to read them from the pictures in an entirely intuitive way but they are fun :thumbsup:

This thread enabled me! :D I bought Madame Endora's Fortune Cards for this Halloween. It seems a little hard to get now but found it new on a UK second hand online shop for not a bad price. That's my Samhain / Halloween treat for this year :thumbsup:

Morwenna

I have the Samhain Treat deck but I've never used it, though I have wanted to try it; I adore the images. I also have and like the Halloween oracle.

I've been considering the Earthly Souls & Spirits. But that Witch's Oracle--this is the first I've seen of it and I love it already! Thanks for the enablement! :)

I have to find my Hidden Path; it got into storage by mistake before I bought the Well-Worn Path. They're intended to go together, but first I have to GET them together! :(