Doreen Virtue Oracle decks - Anyone interested in Study Groups?

Simone

Hi all,

as this thread is more about a study group with the Doreen Virtue decks in general than just Healing with the Angels, I will change the title of the thread to:

Doreen Virtue Oracle decks - Anyone interested in Study Groups?

When you start your study group, please don't forget to post an index and keep it up to date to make it easier for people to jump in even at a later moment in time :)

Logiatrix

Thanks, Simone! :thumbsup:
It looks like we'll be a real grown-up group soon. ;)
People have been very enthusiastic...
*crossing fingers*
As soon as we've gathered a few threads to list,
we'll be sure to start an index.
:)

Myrrha

I would love to join this study group. So far I only have Healing with the Angels and Healing with the Fairies. I plan to get the Archangels deck, the Unicorns and possibly Goddesses. I'm looking forward to getting my horse-mad six year old niece the Unicorns deck for Christmas :D

What Doreen Virtue deck(s) do you favor?
Of the two that I have my favorite is the Healing with the Angels deck. I like that some of the art is older. There are so many details in the cards, like certain flowers and plants.

How did you acquire your deck(s)?
After reading a couple of DV's books, traded two decks with another ATer for Healing with the Angels and Healing with the Fairies. This was just a few months ago. The Virtue oracles are not the kind of thing I ever thought I'd like! But I do like them, so there.

How do you use your cards?
Usually a three card reading, or just one card as a kind of "companion" for the day, thinking of the angel on that card going with me throughout the day. I've done a few readings using the two oracles together, they complement each other well!

What is your most favorite card out of all the decks?
Well, my faves change all the time but I like the Serenity card quite a bit. The Blessings card is not my favorite card art-wise but I love the way it turns up in my readings at just the right time. Kindness is lovely in the fairies deck. It is so hard to pick just one. These cards evoke feelings, which is what I like about them.

What is your least favorable/understood card?
There are a couple of cards in the Fairies deck that I can't stand the art! These tend not to come up in readings though. I won't say which ones as they might be someone else's favorites. :)

What else is important to you regarding discussion of these decks?
How to read beyond the meaning printed on the cards. I like to read the cards visually, looking at the details and interpreting them. I also see most of them as having a continuum of meaning from negative to positive. But then I sometimes wonder if I am doing the querant a disservice by bringing in some of that. Would like to find out how other readers expand the meanings while remaining accurate. Also, would like to practice more!!

--Myrrha

gorgeousbutterfly

Can someone be a doll, and explain to me how i can join a study group? thanxs :)

Anna

Simone

You just did, Anna ;)

Now, all you have to do is watch out for the threads started in this context (check the forum often ;) ) and post on them!

Love
Simone

Logiatrix

gorgeousbutterfly said:
Can someone be a doll, and explain to me how i can join a study group? thanxs :)

Anna
Welcome, Anna!
We're glad to see you here! :love:

There's a small list of questions that might help you
start participating, so you can tell us about you and
your Virtue oracle(s) to your heart's content, 'cuz we
want to know!

The questions got burried earlier in this thread, so I'll
go ahead and re-post them here for you...
Logiatrix said:
Opening Questions
What Doreen Virtue deck(s) do you favor?
How did you acquire your deck(s)?
How do you use your cards?
What is your most favorite card out of all the decks?
What is your least favorable/understood card?

If you copy and paste the questions, it's much easier and quicker.
There was a time when I didn't know how to "copy and paste" (not that long ago), but a nice forum friend helped me with instructions; I greatly appreciated the kind gesture.
I'm passing on the good karma, in case someone here needs the help...

To Copy and Paste Text:
1-Highlight the text (questions), then right click on the highlighted area.
2-Select "copy" when the list comes up.
3-Bring up your reply window as usual, then be sure your cursor is in the
window (where all the white is), at the place where you want to put the text.
4-Also place your pointer where you want the copied text to be.
5-Right click and select "paste" when the list comes up.
6-Now you can add your responses, just like any other post.

Again, a happy welcome to you, Anna!
Please feel free to post your own questions, ideas
and knowledge as you wish...
:D

matchyg

Suggestions for a card study

Hi,

can someone suggest a Card that we could start studying?

Jade.

Logiatrix

My suggestion is the card Intention from the Healing w/the Angels deck.

However, I'd also like to know if the other decks have a card or cards that mean the same thing, or have the same influence in a spread, or any other comparisons that we can come up with.

That way, everyone can participate, even if they don't have the deck.

Let me know what you think...

gorgeousbutterfly

What Doreen Virtue deck(s) do you favor? I really love them all, but i find the mermaids and dolphins the most accurate. the healing with the fairies is also really accurate. there all great and accurate i just find these two to be the most accurate. but i can't say one is better then another.
How did you acquire your deck(s)? store, amazon.com (has ones from sale)
How do you use your cards? think of question , shuffle. i find it most accurate when i ask for extra angels
What is your most favorite card out of all the decks? in saints and angels the " heaven is watching over you" is the most delightful. it has an angel kissing a little kid. so cute and angelic.
What is your least favorable/understood card?message from your angels, children card or the marriage card because its too specific.
i want to know other people's spread ideas.

Myrrha

Great idea to start with the Intention card! I think there is a card in the Archangel Oracle that has Archangel Michael on it and is about "crystal clear intentions". If we pick a card from a different deck each time than people who don't have all the decks will not feel left out.

edited to add: On the other hand, choosing a card from a different deck each time could get confusing.

--Myrrha

Logiatrix said:
My suggestion is the card Intention from the Healing w/the Angels deck.

However, I'd also like to know if the other decks have a card or cards that mean the same thing, or have the same influence in a spread, or any other comparisons that we can come up with.

That way, everyone can participate, even if they don't have the deck.

Let me know what you think...