Cosmic Tarot - 7 of Cups

star-lover

What is this man doing? His body language! is that when somebody is fed up and doesn't know what they are doing/what they want? Is he burying his head in the sand and hoping problems will go away?

Its one of those cards where images of other cards are there - the woman in top left is the one from the 8 of coins though here her eyes are shut and the pentacle under her eye is reversed - makes me think this card is to do with things not working out as they should

The 6 of cups figures are in the background too

It seems there is more indecision in this deck for this card than normal
there is also a pan like figure in the back right of the card - maybe this represents temptations

the colours don't show so bright in this picture, on the card they are very green orange/gold and lilac near the top

and what of that book on the top left with a sword/dagger on the page?

in general the imagery is confused, so I suppose the traditional meaning of confusion can apply

http://www.angelpaths.com/decks/cosmic/cups/cosmic_cp_7.jpg

tink27

Hi star-lover,

When I first read your post, I could feel this card's energy. I've actually had it sitting on my computer for most of the week. It is now I've had time to reflect on your words and its meaning.

star-lover said:
What is this man doing? His body language! is that when somebody is fed up and doesn't know what they are doing/what they want? Is he burying his head in the sand and hoping problems will go away?

This card speaks to me of this persons inner motivations, his intentions, his fears and desires. It could be an overactive imagination but frighteningly realistic! I can feel his bent body, shaking, convulsing,….has he abandoned all hope?

Could it have to do with a nightmare which the details of it are starting to evaporate, or a feeling that this image, this woman is slipping away from him. Such an intensity of feelings, why has he internalized this so deeply? Has his desire to know here also created fears of becoming too close!

star-lover said:
The 6 of cups figures are in the background too

Are these images, memories of loss, rejection, abandonment and betrayal?

star-lover said:
It seems there is more indecision in this deck for this card than normal there is also a pan like figure in the back right of the card - maybe this represents temptations

Having the card in front of me, I see this pan creature you speak of. Is this a form of trying to manipulate the other; was this woman needy when they met and now a stronger more independent woman.

star-lover said:
Its one of those cards where images of other cards are there - the woman in top left is the one from the 8 of coins though here her eyes are shut and the pentacle under her eye is reversed - makes me think this card is to do with things not working out as they should

Another great observation. The passion this woman felt in the 8 of coins seems to have diminished and as star-lover said not working out as they should. Everything in this card has an emotional overtone to it. Obviously this person, who maybe the same person in the 6 of cups has suffered a great loss, his pride his ego (yellow) shattered! The light blue tones (lilac?) on the top of the card do not have the warm feelings of bonding or unity, it feels almost as cold as ice.

The different tones of green turn towards selfishness, greed, and perhaps even jealousy.

star-lover said:
and what of that book on the top left with a sword/dagger on the page?

Could the sword/dagger be pointing to a book of memories of past hurts, of again jealousy, envy and power. Perhaps his desire to want and have it all (the cups) shattered almost all his dreams…..many of them here can be salvaged and there is path a yellow road leading us to his future.

star-lover said:
in general the imagery is confused, so I suppose the traditional meaning of confusion can apply

I couldn’t agree more.

tink

star-lover

wow tink alot of stuff there you got to think about
maybe in this deck this card means a crossroads - the forking road - the past to consider and the unknown future
i agree it seems a card of shattered dreams or coming to term with the past and what went wrong in it and realising one has to decide what to go for in the future based on the lessons of the past
if the minors are related to the majors then this makes sense - time to get a grip - chariot and go for it - whatever it is you chose

that man in that pose makes me think he's had enough thinking about stuff and he's so had it he's gonna any minute get up and take that right yellow road - but what has he chosen lol.......

just had another thought - he has made his decision and is in that pose just hoping to god its the right one lol or realised omg i made the wrong one - what ya think

hmmmm
i love this deck

tink27

star-lover said:
wow tink alot of stuff there you got to think about
maybe in this deck this card means a crossroads - the forking road - the past to consider and the unknown future
i agree it seems a card of shattered dreams or coming to term with the past and what went wrong in it and realising one has to decide what to go for in the future based on the lessons of the past
if the minors are related to the majors then this makes sense - time to get a grip - chariot and go for it - whatever it is you chose

that man in that pose makes me think he's had enough thinking about stuff and he's so had it he's gonna any minute get up and take that right yellow road - but what has he chosen lol.......

just had another thought - he has made his decision and is in that pose just hoping to god its the right one lol or realised omg i made the wrong one - what ya think

hmmmm
i love this deck

Hi star-lover,

I love this deck too! I've had mine sitting on the shelf for too long and only recently it's been calling me!

Judging by the spirituality of this card, I almost get the feeling that this person has rejected not only the imaginative side of his nature, but the occult and everything that touches a higher awareness. It's as if he perfers the reality of things, a more common sense attitude to life. I think this man suffers with a very troubled mind. He has no patience for the metaphysics or the philosophies of life.....it's too complex, too confusing for him. He's afriad to surrender to and expose his past deeds. Or maybe he did and he was rejected and judged unworthy. The book could be pointing to these past deeds (karma) and saying see, see, look like right here, you are playing the same role, the same act, you did before and perhaps another lifetime. The same thing is happening all over again.

If this is the case, the women here could represent the feminine that exists in all of us. But this man cannot fathome this power, the mystical, the unknown, he's prefer the road of the intellect, to him it's much safer, then facings the very things he fears. But this safeness has paralyzed him. Yes, I too see the forks in the road but he must face the cup that is filled with his fears and his dissapointments or he will never walk that yellow road to his future.

Is this a possibility too?

tink

paradoxx

I would like to focus on each of the cups for this card

lower left-a faded rose with petals drying and falling away

lower right-a cup sinking into the ground and full of worms

center right-a royal crown

upper right-a figure in teh background, perhaps pan

to the left of the crown, a woman from teh 6 of cups (nice touch) looking towards the pan figure

to the left of the woman, a man fromt eh 6 of cups, a tower ( :) ) is superimposed on this image but the bridge leads to nowhere except. . .

the far left- . . .teh woman of the 8 of cups with a book, sword and pentagram (pointing down). Watery waves splash from teh far left to the right (the man) onto teh womans chest.

there is a sense of betrayal in these images, teh woman to the left could be the manipulator of the man in teh background, the woman could be flirting with the pan figure, and the crown shows the abiltyt o fhave control and authority. the worms shows 'from teh earth once we came' and the rose shows faded love. The figure in teh cneter is overwhealmed by all of these details, and is thinking how thins have gone without attempting to research or ask for answers, therefor his imagination has gotten away with him and he is now condemned for his own overwhealming thoughts. He does need to get out of that pose and get moving along that yellow road off to the next card.

Myrrha

A man writhes in agony. There is a lot of emotional turmoil, shown by the water splashing out of two of the cups. He seems to be remembering or picturing in his mind the scene in the Six of Cups. If the Six of Cups represents a high and balanced degree of pleasure, in the Seven it has gone very wrong.

The astrological attribution is Venus in Scorpio. Venus is symbolized by the rose on one of the foreground cups. The actual symbol of Scorpio is the scorpion but the worm, as it is associated with death and decay, fits with Scorpio as well. The worm and the rose reminds me of Blake's poem "The Sick Rose."

Venus is the planet that represents sensuality, desire. It is an indulgent, pleasure-seeking influence. Scorpio is also sensual and pleasure seeking, and carries an intensity that is fueled by the awareness of death. Venus is said to be "in her detriment" in Scorpio which seems to mean that her energy becomes debased. Too much sensual indulgence, too much pleasure. Furthermore, because this is a Seven all of this is in Netzach, the kabbalistic sphere that magnifies fantasy and illusion.

The card shows the corruption and decay of pleasure. What was satisfying and pure in the Six of Cups is here corrupted and debased. It could indicate obssesive or addictive relationships, the deceitful ways people behave when they are obsessed and addicted, people who are sexually dangerous (that figure in the background could suggest danger), fantasy getting out of hand and taking over reality, drinking and drug problems, wishful thinking.

The card can also indicate a situation where somone quits or turns aside or does something self-destructive just as they are succeding at something. The man in this card had a wonderful relationship in the Six of Cups and in the Seven he seems to regret its loss.

And there is more here too: the church, the spike through the man's head....It is amazing how many interconnected meanings and suggestions Norbert Losche has illustrated in this one card.