Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

A new de-enabling thread

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks




 
Cat*'s Avatar
Cat*  Cat* is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Sep 2007
Location: Northern Germany
Posts: 4,816
Cat* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
I'm still undecided about the Soul Cards (I'd always wanted them but since getting them have never used them....they are kind of ugly.....) UNDECIDED!!!
There's a current thread about this deck with quite a few very negative opinions. If you feel strong enough to ignore the positive ones as the evil propaganda they are (of course! ), you might find more reasons not to keep these cards there...
Top   #161
Cat*'s Avatar
Cat*  Cat* is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Sep 2007
Location: Northern Germany
Posts: 4,816
Cat* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerin
ps Can anyone de-enable me from the Transparent? It is so expensive and I am torn between not wanting to spend the money at present and missing out.
Eventually you'll get something tiny but very hard and sharp-edged (like half a grain of sand) between your transparent cards. They'll scratch. This won't make them look well-worn and beautifully aged but cheap and ruined. You'll regret having spent the money.
Top   #162
magpie9's Avatar
magpie9  magpie9 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Nov 2002
Location: High Desert, Small City, hold the Chilli
Posts: 7,733
magpie9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat*
Eventually you'll get something tiny but very hard and sharp-edged (like half a grain of sand) between your transparent cards. They'll scratch. This won't make them look well-worn and beautifully aged but cheap and ruined. You'll regret having spent the money.
You'll also be permanently pissed off at sand, which means no more lovely trips to the beach for you. You have to think ahead on this: Is any deck worth giving up the beach for?
Top   #163
Debra's Avatar
Debra  Debra is offline
sporadic magic
 
Join Date: 21 Sep 2006
Location: .
Posts: 15,130
Debra 

I like the concepts behind the Transparent majors but the images on the minors, no. I think they look like the drawings of people you'd find in a junior high school student's notebook, when most people are drawing what they think people look like, rather than really looking. Aesthetically, the minors can't compare with the beautifully conceptualized and executed majors. So uneven...
Top   #164
sapienza's Avatar
sapienza  sapienza is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Oct 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,680
sapienza 

OK....I'm keeping the Arthurian. Still not sure about the Soul Cards (thanks for the link Cat, definitely food for thought). And then there is the New Century - surely someone can help with this one.

As a side note....I read here awhile ago that someone said this thread didn't help. Well, it's a great help to me, I've been de-enabled from so many decks by coming to this thread.....even some I hadn't even planned to get
Top   #165
Cat*'s Avatar
Cat*  Cat* is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Sep 2007
Location: Northern Germany
Posts: 4,816
Cat* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
As a side note....I read here awhile ago that someone said this thread didn't help. Well, it's a great help to me, I've been de-enabled from so many decks by coming to this thread.....even some I hadn't even planned to get
...and it's such a good place to say nasty things and have it be welcome!
Top   #166
thorhammer's Avatar
thorhammer  thorhammer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Sep 2007
Location: Running
Posts: 19,764
thorhammer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
Thanks for all your help so far. I've got my local tarot meeting here in a couple of weeks and we are having a give-away/trade day so I'll probably take them to that unless anyone desperately wants them.......Kat???
Hey, I'll take 'em I always need fodder for trade trains! LOL Still want the Soul Cards, tho . . .

Cat*, you may just be evil, deep down inside yourself

\m/ Kat
Top   #167
magpie9's Avatar
magpie9  magpie9 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Nov 2002
Location: High Desert, Small City, hold the Chilli
Posts: 7,733
magpie9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat*
...and it's such a good place to say nasty things and have it be welcome!
Yeah!!!!
Top   #168
ilweran's Avatar
ilweran  ilweran is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Nov 2006
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,328
ilweran 

Somebody tell me I don't need a copy of the 3rd Edition Vertigo Tarot. I have the 1st Ed but daren't use it, so I'm thinking if I got the 3rd I could actually use it rather than just admire it, but would I? Or would it just go with the rest of the collection? Would it matter when it's by Dave McKean and I love his art? But then I already have one I can look at. But I think I'd like to use it as well.

I don't know. Help!
Top   #169
Aerin's Avatar
Aerin  Aerin is offline
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer
 
Join Date: 26 Mar 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 7,266
Aerin 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilweran
Somebody tell me I don't need a copy of the 3rd Edition Vertigo Tarot. I have the 1st Ed but daren't use it, so I'm thinking if I got the 3rd I could actually use it rather than just admire it, but would I? Or would it just go with the rest of the collection? Would it matter when it's by Dave McKean and I love his art? But then I already have one I can look at. But I think I'd like to use it as well.

I don't know. Help!
No you wouldn't use it. Because the you'd say 'Oh but it is my only copy of the 3rd edition' and stuff like that. You could probably swap your first for several copies of the 3rd.... but I hear you say 'No!' So be honest. You DON'T want to use the deck at all but just admire it from afar. Also, the different editions might fight.

Thank you for the Transparent.... scratches do scare me. But 'beautifully executed Majors'.... hmmmmm.

Aerin
Top   #170




 

 


Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.