Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

A new de-enabling thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Nina* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdaw*
Well ... let's see:

1. Legacy of the Divine: bad Llewellyn cardstock and packaging and useless Llewellyn companion book. Same work as the Gilded but with minors that aren't as good. Substitutes dreaminess and ethereal-ness for Tarot-usefulness.
2. Shadowscapes: as before ... bad Llewellyn cardstock and packaging and useless Llewellyn companion book. Too much SPACE in the images, will mean that when published there will be huge empty spaces and wee little tiny little figures that will be lost in the card. These images are gorgeous online, and likely as prints, but most definitely not designed to fit into the constraints of a Tarot card.
3. spare Deirdre: I know you said this was useless to de-enable, but I'll try With the money you'll save, you could buy a deck you don't have! Enjoy the one you have, and let it acquire that lovely worn, I-love-this-deck-and-use- it-all-the-time feel.
4. Rumi: it's just the novelty. Lie down for a while and see if the curiousity fades. If you do get it, you will have to learn all about Rumi and all his works and get sucked in and never get free. Never never. And as before: bad Llewellyn cardstock and packaging etc.
5. Truthseekers: yes, lovely majors. But how 'bout them minors? You'll have a dust collector with lovely majors. But as you've said before that ONE bad card can ruin the deck for you, how will you deal with fifty-six of them???
6. Sweet Twilight: dunno, can't comment. All I know is that it doesn't appeal to me in the least slightest little bit.

Hope this helps a little ...
Thank you, JD, Sravana and Magpie!!!

Definitely de-enabled on the Legacy, Shadowscapes, Thruthseekers and the Sweet Twilight. Honestly (well... Shadowscapes will depend on whether JD is right. I don't want big empty spaces!!!).

As for the Rumi. Okay... I'll give it a bit more time and see if it IS just the novelty. Wouldn't be the first time for sure.

But it's really pretty.
*zip*
Top   #1871
Citizen

magpie9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba
I WAS TALKING TO HER! She de-enabled you as though she owned the thing. Of course, we all know that she *couldn't*, really - Gregory's not that kind of girl. Really. I mean, under that mountain of decks beats the soul of moderation and reasonableness, Right?

(Pssst! Gregory! Stop buying things!)
Oh. Never Mind, then. Let's just pick on Gregory, instead. In a moderate and reasonable way, of course.
Top   #1872
Citizen

Brigid 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba
<sniff> No. I Am Pure.
Snigger..
Top   #1873
sporadic magic

Debra 

As long as smacking is happening, would someone please smack sravana.

And then me.

<stands bravely>
Top   #1874
Citizen

nisaba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra
As long as smacking is happening, would someone please smack sravana.

And then me.

<stands bravely>
No, you might enjoy it too much. Anyway, you aren't lusting after any decks at the moment, so in *here* I can't smack you. Tell me your deepest desires - and if they're Tarot decks *then* I'll smack you.
Top   #1875
Citizen

sapienza 
Vacchetta Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravana
Perhaps someone can help us out with this? It's a great loss to not have that resource.
Here is a link that I found for the Vacchetta download...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4893253/Vacchetta-Deck

Now you won't need to buy the deck. Enjoy
Top   #1876
Citizen

SolSionnach 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
Here is a link that I found for the Vacchetta download...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4893253/Vacchetta-Deck

Now you won't need to buy the deck. Enjoy
Yesterday I had 4 copies, today I have three. I have 2 of the LS version (one trimmed, one not) and a Del Solleone version.

Someone else in this thread saw my deenabling, and PMed me to buy my other Del Solleone!

But I'm not telling, she'll have to.
Top   #1877
Citizen

sapienza 

For someone who is holding on to three copies, you did quite a good job of de-enabling.....not that it seems to have worked
Top   #1878
Citizen

SolSionnach 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
For someone who is holding on to three copies, you did quite a good job of de-enabling.....not that it seems to have worked
Well. . . .

I really *don't* like the Meneghello version, and the LS one has those ICKY HIDEOUS GREEN BORDERS FROM HELL.

What's a girl to do?

Answer: Get out the scissors!
Top   #1879
Citizen

nisaba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravana
Someone else in this thread saw my deenabling, and PMed me to buy my other Del Solleone!

But I'm not telling, she'll have to.
<shaking head sadly> Whoever she was. she was an Enlightened Soul. She didn't buy to get a deck for herself, but in the spirit of true friendship and de-enabling, she bought the deck from you to Save You From Yourself. What a noble, heroic act, falling on her sword - or her extra detestable deck - to save you from it.
Top   #1880

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.