Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Citrin 

Thank you Ididdy! I decided to go for it. It looks like a nice unique addition to my collection, really liking the minimalism and lots of white...
Top   #101
Resident

MaeWasteland 
Pagan Tarot/Book of Shadows: So Below

Could definitely do with some de-enabling on either/both of these. I'm not Wiccan, so they're not super relevant to me in that sense (though I am somewhat pagan/witchy), but I really like the modern setting of both, the "following one main character" of the Pagan and the relative diversity of the BoS:SB deck.
Top   #102
Citizen

Gulliver 

I couldn't find such a thread for lenormand decks, so I ask here (I hope it is ok). Looking for enabling or de-enabling for the Silson Lenormand.
Top   #103
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 

Feel free to start one in the Lenormand section, they can be started by members. In fact I am sure that this one and the originally separate Enabling and De-enabling threads were started by members. Moderators just start new versions when they hit 1,000 posts.
Top   #104
Citizen

Gulliver 

Thank you, Alta! I just opened a thread in the lenormand forum.
Top   #105
Starlight, Chaos, Glitter

seedcake 

I'd like to ask about Vision Quest Tarot. This is a bit weird 'cause it's a bit like with Thoth - the artwork has no appeal (now), even the theme (I'm very cautious when it's about other traditions and cultures). But I feel really attracted. Few months ago I'd make a totally compulsive purchase. Now I want to think about it - I'm into decks which give me the feeling that I'd love to read with them for myself and clients. I know about Vision Quest for a long time, I got the impression it's a popular deck.

So guys, I'm open to all opinions.
Top   #106
Citizen

claire1805 

Can anyone share about the pros and/or cons about the Linestrider Tarot? How does it read? I am interested in it but am a little cautious with the fact that the cards are rather minimalistic. Have also heard about the change in Llewellyn cardstock.
Top   #107
Citizen

feynrir 
Wink Three!!

Been oscillating between three different decks lately:

- The Green Witch
- The Linestrider
- The Tarot Mucha

Gimme your pick and then maybe slam on the others a bit? I'm aware of the Llewellyn cardstock issue; I'm not particularly deterred on that point. It can't be worse than the Wildwood.

P.S. - Thanks for asking about the Linestrider yourself, claire (above me)!
Top   #108
Citizen

Scarlet Woodland 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feynrir View Post

- The Green Witch
- The Linestrider
- The Tarot Mucha

Gimme your pick and then maybe slam on the others a bit? I'm aware of the Llewellyn cardstock issue; I'm not particularly deterred on that point. It can't be worse than the Wildwood.

This will probably be spectacularly unhelpful

I don't own the linestrider so can't offer much on that front except to say, consider how you feel about a lot of whitespace. That'll probably be the decider.

As for the Mucha and Green Witch it's gonna be tricky. Your collection is actually very similar to mine so we obviously share similar taste and I own and love both. How do you feel about the Druidcraft and Wildwood (cardstock aside... dear lord, the cardstock.)? If you really like them I'd go with the Green Witch as it feels like the Druidcraft's slightly younger sister. It feels very much like 'home' to me. The book is excellent and has info on all the symbolism used, from the herbs and flowers to the animals.

As for the Mucha, I hesitated for ages before buying as I tend to prefer more saturated colours but it really is beautiful. Very close to the RW and an absolute workhorse. A very clear reader and will read just as well on any topic right out of the box.

Good luck deciding!
Top   #109
~ borderless ~

Madrigal 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feynrir View Post

- The Green Witch
- The Linestrider
- The Tarot Mucha

They're all quite different. As SW mentioned above the amount of whitespace in the Linestrider will either be a plus or a minus depending on your tastes. There's a lot of it but the images are quite lush so it's not exactly minimalist, just very uncluttered.

The Green Witch has a younger feel to it. It's pretty much on the opposite end of the spectrum from the LS. Full color, lots of it and lots going on in each card.

Tarot Mucha is lovely, lyrical and solidly in the RWS camp. Easy to read with, easy on the eye. It has one of my favorite Three of Swords ever.
Top   #110

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.