Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

AJ

aren't there two crystal visions? or is one of them just crystal? like stained glass?

Penthasilia

The stained glass one is the Crystal tarot by Trevisan. Crystal Visions is by Jennifer Galasso.

Falcor

Barbara Walker tarot in a tin....

Enabling please?

*looks nervously around*

BeyondtheVeil

Barbara Walker Tarot in a Tin

Barbara Walker tarot in a tin....

Enabling please?

*looks nervously around*

NO!! :bugeyed: Sorry...I have been bitten by the Tarot Bug and I must have that also. lol I was just trying to keep myself under control, but it didn't work. :) LOL

It is so cute in the tin. It is OOP I think in regular size. Plus..who doesn't like Tarot in a tin? :D Yes... let the Tarot Bug bring you a Barbara Walker Tarot in a Tin!! :thumbsup:

Plus you will have an OOP deck at an affordable price! :thumbsup:

If you don't like it.. it will be very easy to sell or trade away also. What do you have to lose?? :D

YES.. it is the Tarot Bug. It wants you to have the Barbara Walker Tarot in a Tin TODAY!! :D lol

Hope that helps with enabling! :thumbsup:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Nemia

I'd say go for the Barbara Walker. I don't have it (and it doesn't tempt me very much) but Barbara Walker is definitely interesting. I have three of her books, and inspite of some mistakes, they're full of really fascinating stuff, some well known, some obscure. I'm quite sure you'd like the books, too. She writes about tarot in general (I think it's in the Encyclopedia of Women's Myths and Secrets but she also wrote a tarot book that I don't know). I like that she doesn't sugarcoat myths or makes them look idyllic or peaceful. The world of myths can be cruel and alienating, and I like decks that give me the bitter with the sweet.

And in a tin? What's not to like about a deck in a tin?

You can even use the depictions of gods and goddesses for a mini altar at home. Even with a magnet on your fridge or door if you don't have room for a tarot board or altar shelf.

You don't have to buy it now. Wait until next month, but buy it before it disappears from the market. You'd regret it. And you can always swap it away if you really don't want it.

FLizarraga

About the Barbara Walker in a tin, I'm incredibly both enabled and de-enabled. I have always know of this deck, yet I never gave the time of day to its cards. And I'm liking them. Like a LOT.

That said, the ones I can see all have gigantic white borders, so if they have not changed the design you will end up with teeny tiny images drowned in a sea of white... :bugeyed:

Nemia

Inexplicably, all those tinned darlings have wide borders. Wouldn't it have been more logical to shrink these borders a bit to get more card on the card? The proportions between card image and borders are a bit wacky. But it's the only criticism I can find, and it's minor.

Lisa Myobun

Inexplicably, all those tinned darlings have wide borders. Wouldn't it have been more logical to shrink these borders a bit to get more card on the card? The proportions between card image and borders are a bit wacky. But it's the only criticism I can find, and it's minor.

Interestingly - the proportions are almost the same... The tinned cards are ever so slightly smaller overall - but the European languages are absent... and if anything: the image is slightly bigger in the tinned version. The vintage version has slightly richer/darker colors though, a bit slicker cardstock, more rounded corners and a darker black border around the image. It's a bit of a wash - the tinned version is a really good deal!

(Tin on left; vintage on right.)

f777acd6c080d2bac3547275ed61dd3b.jpg

FLizarraga

Interestingly - the proportions are almost the same... The tinned cards are ever so slightly smaller overall - but the European languages are absent... and if anything: the image is slightly bigger in the tinned version. The vintage version has slightly richer/darker colors though, a bit slicker cardstock, more rounded corners and a darker black border around the image. It's a bit of a wash - the tinned version is a really good deal!

(Tin on left; vintage on right.)

f777acd6c080d2bac3547275ed61dd3b.jpg

Darn, gal! I'm so enabled right now...