Decks you would love to see get a restoration done on

trzes

Mamluk
I know a member here is redoing a deck but they don't look anything like the originals, they are computer generated art.

There are actually two projects by ATF members on reworking the mamluk cards.

One is mamluk by variantventures . Although based on the complex cards from ca 1500 as published by Carta Mundi / Aurelia Press many of the overwhelming details of those have been left out, but the deck offers a clear view on the essentials of the mamluk pattern in general. Quite nicely done in my book, but clearly not intended to look like the original. One version seems to already have been printed in a small number. The cards look rather strictly regular, so I guess they might be computer generated.

The other project is my attempt to preserve the whole complexity of the cards published by Aurelia Press: mamluk by trzes. Unlike variantventures I am miles away from finishing my deck. I also don't try to clean up the existing lines and colors, but rebuild the whole deck from scratch using vector graphics. So definitely computer generated. And although the idea is to stay very close to the original it will be a reworking and not a cleaned-up version of the original (if it will ever be finished at all of course)