Barbara Walker Tarot - Please Tarot Gods or U.S. Games Reprint This Deck!!! :-)

Le Fanu

Why is this deck suddenly so expensive? It has been print since the 70s and only went out of print within the last two years. There must be hundreds around not being used, not wanted. I don't understand. There are as many of these around as there are Fergus Hall Tarot of the Witches,or Tarot of the Cat People. I don't know anybody that has it as their go-to deck. Of course quite a few people must like it but why the sudden inflation? I have never seen that happen before. Hasn't the Connolly gone OOP now too? Why aren't those prices sky high?

G6

Why is this deck suddenly so expensive? It has been print since the 70s and only went out of print within the last two years. There must be hundreds around not being used, not wanted. I don't understand. There are as many of these around as there are Fergus Hall Tarot of the Witches,or Tarot of the Cat People. I don't know anybody that has it as their go-to deck. Of course quite a few people must like it but why the sudden inflation? I have never seen that happen before. Hasn't the Connolly gone OOP now too? Why aren't those prices sky high?

I'd like that Connolly mini that's OOP. That is sky high.

http://www.amazon.com/Connolly-Miniature-Tarot-Deck-Peter/dp/0880795948

Achlys

It's always the worst to fall in love with an out-of-print deck haha
Unfortunately since it is out-of-print, a lot of people will rip you off for it.
Just be careful to avoid scammers. A few of my friends bought "new" decks on eBay and they ended up being used and damaged.
I don't know if eBay still has the same Buyer Protection that they used to.

Another way you can try looking is by doing an image search with the keywords "Buy" or "Purchase" and when you click on a result, click "Go to page". I've been able to find hard-to-find clothing and Tarot decks that way, so it's worth a shot! I don't know how the prices will be, however.

Le Fanu

This Tarot of the Cat People deck is so intriguing.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-cat-people/

I don't know what to really think or feel about it. Is this a popular deck from way back in the day or were you making a joke about its availability?
Sort of same availability, a deck that was everywhere, easy to find, perennially in print. Just that. I don't know why the B.Walker is so expensive. If you can wean yourself off the Barbara Walker deck and onto the Cat People, you'll be happier!

G6

Tarot of the Cat People

Sort of same availability, a deck that was everywhere, easy to find, perennially in print. Just that. I don't know why the B.Walker is so expensive. If you can wean yourself off the Barbara Walker deck and onto the Cat People, you'll be happier!

Wait, tell me your opinion on Tarot of the Cat People. Do you like this deck?

Tanga

goldenVI - I'm with you. Bring back this deck!!! (I love the Courts of this deck).
My sister has a copy and I'm wondering if I can whangle it off her... Hmmm.
I'll be visiting her in Holland in August.

YES - exactly this. WHY??

This Tarot of the Cat People deck is so intriguing.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-cat-people/

I don't know what to really think or feel about it. Is this a popular deck from way back in the day or were you making a joke about its availability?

I love this deck! (it is still in-print and easily available) And use it as my "magic and ritual" deck. It has the right "ambience" for me in this capacity - still beautiful (with cats!! gotta have cats if one's a witch - lol! ;) ) but there's a starkness with little side detail. Which means for me - it's a lot easier to reproduce these cards in-my-minds-eye. I'm talking Donald Tyson - 'Portable Magic' here.

When I look at them I feel like I'm walking down a twilight path shining a torch on the (magical) characters.

:) :)

Laura Borealis

All I have to say is I want this deck more than any other deck ever!!!

I wish U.S. Games would reprint it!!! Please!!!

All the cards are at this link below and I love all of them!!! :)

http://tarotator.com/the-barbara-walker-tarot-deck/

She has an I Ching deck out that looks beautiful too, but then I'd have to learn I Ching, which I hadn't really planned on taking up...

Have you tried doing an "in search of" in the Tarot Trading forum?

That link sets off my virus-checker, by the way. I wouldn't trust it.

earthair

I totally blame Amazon for the price inflation on this, and other decks.
But yes, I would support a USG reprint please!

Annabelle

I've run into the Barbara Walker tarot in used bookstores and esoteric shops in the last couple of years, selling for normal retail price.

Copies are out there for not too much money. Post an ISO (in search of) in the Tarot Trading sub-forum, and if nothing turns up, try calling around to any new age / esoteric / witchraft sorts of stores in your region (or further afield -- I'm sure most shops are willing to mail things), and if you have anything akin to a Half-Price Books in your area, try them as well.

I have one -- but only one copy, and I'm not looking to sell it. I kind of wish I'd bought a spare, if I thought I could get $75 for it :).