New deck around- The Gypsy Palace Tarot

Winterchild

I am interested in this deck... the guide bok has sold out... does this mean the deck dowsn't come with an LWB at all? Or is the sold out one only referring to the special leather bound one?

Love the colours!

Cheers

winter

Ace of Stars

The guide book is available to read on the Gypsy Palace website, and much of the text (interpretations, keywords, and more) is available in the Android/Kindle Fire app.

Nora might have a better answer than this :)

Winterchild

Thanks Ace of Stars...

I hope the app comes out on IOS too!

I found a preview of the book online, so the leather bound guidebook may not be necessary anyway.

winter

The guide book is available to read on the Gypsy Palace website, and much of the text (interpretations, keywords, and more) is available in the Android/Kindle Fire app.

Nora might have a better answer than this :)

Nina*

A leather bound guidebook??? She wasn't even able to give me a few keywords for a couple of cards I couldn't make any sense of.

This deck is useless as tarot in my opinion.
Unfortunately. Because I really like the art.

Ace of Stars

Nina, you can read the entire guidebook online, including keywords. The guidebook is on the Gypsy Palace Tarot website, for free, to read.

Now that I've read her interpretations, some of the more enigmatic cards really make sense. I love the way Nora interprets the card and the way she interprets the traditional meanings in her art. I guess different decks speak to each of us; the Gypsy Palace Tarot really awakens my intuition and imagination.

Nina*

Nina, you can read the entire guidebook online, including keywords. The guidebook is on the Gypsy Palace Tarot website, for free, to read.

Now that I've read her interpretations, some of the more enigmatic cards really make sense. I love the way Nora interprets the card and the way she interprets the traditional meanings in her art. I guess different decks speak to each of us; the Gypsy Palace Tarot really awakens my intuition and imagination.

Thank you - I'll definitely check it out. :)

But after I read that she picked already created art to fit the cards I no longer have high hopes. It might still work as a great oracle though (for me).

Moonbow

I've seen the hype about this deck. It intrigues me because I instantly thought of the Karma Tarot when I saw it - which I prefer.

Is this not original art Nina?

Nina*

I've seen the hype about this deck. It intrigues me because I instantly thought of the Karma Tarot when I saw it - which I prefer.

Is this not original art Nina?

Yeah, but it's not MADE for tarot. As I've been informed she wanted to make a tarot deck (or someone suggested it to her) and she then picked already made pieces for it.

For some reasons such decks never work for me (again.. as tarot).

Moonbow

Ah, I see.

I love decks that stretch me to go deeper but at the same time there has to be some semblance to Tarot. I really like the the colourful images and the obscurity of this deck, and appreciate the artistic license. I'm waiting for it to grow on me.

Winterchild

I too love the colours and imagery... as for the art well, hmmm I am not keen on the idea of made to fit....

With the current interest a lot *Tarot* decks I feel are made to fit, especially themed decks.

It is hard to know how a deck will work until you have it in your hands, I remember a couple of years ago buying an oracle deck, (which I tend to avoid), because the images were stunning. The deck left me completely cold, have never even been able to go through the cards again.

I saw the previe of the book online but think it would be better after reading Nina's response to have a simple printout offered with the deck or a free PDF to print out for deck purchasers, without having to buy the leather cover. Seems one needs a guide with this deck.

I haven't succumbed yet, but I do appreciate the input here, so thanks for speaking up. I did watch and read some enthusiastic reviews, but these were often without experience of the deck just first thoughts on receipt.

ETA I just watched the original Indigogo video and Nora is very honest about how she made the deck, also she is a Tarot reader of many years she says, so it is possible that this influenced her art over the years, the art that became Tarot :)

Cheers!

winterchild