Dragon Tarot Study Group - Queen of Swords

cidbahamut

I pulled this one in a reading today and totally blanked on what it meant, so I figured it would be a good one to take home and study.

The overall feel I got from it after a good look over was that of a very manipulative person.

The sword being placed behind the crown tells me that this is a power behind the throne. The little semi-circle on the hilt of the sword shows up in both the crown and the tri-symbol above the dragon. There is a distinct connection between the three. The dragon's symbol is a composite of semi-circles, indicating that it has all the pieces in order and has a larger scheme brewing that uses others to achieve its own ends.

The joint of the wing on the right side of the card struck me as glacial, an icy sort of image. So that could be linked to some sort of isolation from others; The "cold shoulder" so to speak. Following up on that same wing, there is part of it that is completely flat. A straight horizontal section of the wing signifies a measure of inflexibility whether willfully or unwillingly. The left wing though is still a bit of an enigma for me.

Moving past the wings, the way the dragon's neck is positioned it coils back around on itself, as though doubling back. I see it as some sort of reversal, possibly a betrayal or going down the same road again but with a slightly different intent.

I've got some more written down in the notebook, but I'm going to mull over it a bit longer before sharing. Let's see if we can't pick this card apart a bit more.

cardlady22

Question: when looking at a tarot card, do you look at things from the character/creature's perspective when talking about limbs? Because it would make a difference if that straight portion (signifying no change) is on its Left/receptive side. Maybe ignoring the signals and feedback because it is fixed on the desired or pre-determined result?

That gnarly, winter time tree branch grabs at me. No signs of growth or new life. But, a tree must be attached to the earth by its roots. So *she* has something holding her.

What about that red spot above the eyes, as compared to the other dragons depicted in the Swords suit? 4, 5, 6, Knight have it also.

FenestraThought

cardlady22 said:
That gnarly, winter time tree branch grabs at me. No signs of growth or new life. But, a tree must be attached to the earth by its roots. So *she* has something holding her.

What about that red spot above the eyes, as compared to the other dragons depicted in the Swords suit? 4, 5, 6, Knight have it also.

I see the Queen and her position as one of hovering or flying downward because her neck is angled down. (the branch seems high up since you don't see other around it)
This says to me that she is person that is willing to displace herself to get a better vantage point/point of view of the problem.

The Branch is bare; I see this as having 2 meanings (or more)
1. No leaves she can see clearly to the center of the tree to the roots. She can see from her vantage point clearly through to the problem. swords/air/thought/clear sight
2. In the winter trees hibernate, and this speaks to me of hidden life/power. Thoughts are on the inside and we can't always sum up a persons worth just by looking at them. she talks of inner power and knowledge and "don't underestimate her"
3. In the winter things look dead, but in the spring they look alive. Be logical, not emotional, don't be led by what your eye see or what your heart feels, go by what you know/knowledge and it also speaks of patients.
4 she can be patient till the spring to see the tree bloom...she will get what she wants.

I never broke this card down before... thank you for the experience.

as for the red jewel....i'll have to think on that one