Intuitive Tarot~The Magician I

minrice

I have a special fondness for the Magician in any deck. I just really love this Major Arcana, in fact the Magician is probably my favorite of all the Majors. I just love the Magician's dynamic energy.

I :love: how Cilla Conway has interpreted the Magician in this deck. I think she has captured the Magician perfectly, capturing the percarious balance of power, skill and fearlessness mixed with vitality, energy, and beauty. I think the Magician in this deck moves so beautifully. In my mind's eye I can really see him coming to life and lifting those flames.

With this card the Magician has a purity to him, evidenced by the fact he wears no clothing. So we know he does not have any tricks up his sleeve! There is a pureness to his skill and his creation. Yet, in the companion book Conway does write that Like the Fool, the Magician's dual nature warns us to proceed cautiously.

For me interpreting this card is aided by the presence of all the fire. I can see this card coming up in instances where someone is "fanning the flames", be it flames of passion or of gossip. Also, the presence of the fire could indicate fireworks. The figure in this card demstrates showsmanship, presentation, and drama! So I could also see this card coming up for a concert, parade, or other special event.

I like what Conway also has to say about the Magician in the companion book: We harness archetypal energies at our peril, but our motivation is the critical factor: personal integrity, or power--and this is where that first vital decision is made.

Attachments

• IT-M.jpg
    IT-M.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 103

desertrat

minrice said:
I :love: how Cilla Conway has interpreted the Magician in this deck. I think she has captured the Magician perfectly, capturing the percarious balance of power, skill and fearlessness mixed with vitality, energy, and beauty. I think the Magician in this deck moves so beautifully. In my mind's eye I can really see him coming to life and lifting those flames.

Indeed, this is one Magician that truly seems to be one with the elements. He has no need of props or tools. He channels and shapes his creation through movement and will. To me he appears to be dancing, twirling with the forces of the universe. I believe he is smiling with pleasure at his skill and the flowing of the energies. He is confident and comfortable in his Self. Perhaps his smile is also and invitation to us onlookers to join in the dance.

I am having trouble connecting this Magician with the Trickster aspect. He just feels so different than the old-time juggler on the stage type. Although his smile may be somewhat mischievious, he manifests the powers of a creator not a illusionist. I would be happy to encounter him in a reading.

minrice

desertrat said:
he manifests the powers of a creator not a illusionist

Exactly! Honestly if I encountered this magician I would be tempted to not move on deeper into the Arcana. He is that captivating to me, and I can see myself getting lost just watching him. Fire itself is very mesmerizing, just thinking about fireplaces and candlelight, it's easy to just watch the flames and forget everything else.

Maybe that is also the message? Some cards you get drawn into, and some you can't wait to turn away from, but you always have to keep moving forward...