Tarot of Dreams - Ace of Wands

HuskyChariot

This is my first post in 'Study Groups' so I hope that what I post is relevant and inspires other lovers of the deck to chime in!

Overall / First Impressions: Heat! This cards speaks of uncontrollable almost chaotic energy.

Symbolism:
Volcano / lava: An erupting volcano is an unparalleled energetic force, a literal burst of heat from the core of the earth. The lava could be seen as destructive, however, one of the most interesting things I have seen in regards to volcanic eruptions, are images of the lava meeting the ocean and literally forming/creating the shoreline.

Salamander:Salamander is Greek word meaning fire lizard. I read a post from approximately 2006 from this forum (can't find it again, or I would credit the poster) describing a great story about witnessing salamanders running in and out of a bonfire. Apparently they were so attracted to the heat, the would literally run right into the fire and run out again without being burned. It is an old myth that Salamanders are born in fire.

Wand: The wand in the card is red, ornately decorated with gold and stars. It is topped with a glowing orb.

A golden ring: Eternity symbol.

A golden triangle: The number 3 associated with fertility and creation.

Interpretation and Meanings:
This card is an ace which signifies beginnings, potentials and the raw force behind it's suit. It is the suit of wands which speaks to creativity, passion, desire, energy, qi, vim, vigour, career drive and sexual energy.
This card, through the symbols of the volcano and lava speaks of the heat of energy and passion, the unpredictability of inspiration, the creativity of chaos, the all consuming nature of sexual desire.
Through the symbol of the Salamander this card speaks to us as vessels for this energy, the conduits through which creativity is spawned and speaks of our resilience and undying need to create.
The wand speaks about the element of will. Our will to make our desires real, to bring into form our ideas, to manifest our dreams. The wand is the lantern in the dark, the candle stick in the middle of the night.

Any additional thoughts or expansion on these ideas would be most welcome :grin:

PAMUYA

An Ace is about potienal for Creative growth, time to take on new projects, a new start, travel, passionate action. This is a fire card, it has fiery energy, its force can be unpredictable. I have been taught that it can also mean a birth, good health and a commencement-

merissa_88

simphex said:
Wand: The wand in the card is red, ornately decorated with gold and stars. It is topped with a glowing orb.

A golden ring: Eternity symbol.

A golden triangle: The number 3 associated with fertility and creation.

It looks like there are red dragon designs on the wand. Dragons are associated with magic and instinct. Also, charisma. And the golden ring reminds me of the Sun card. This is the good luck and vitality of the Sun, but a little more primal. Maybe more difficult to control.

PAMUYA said:
An Ace is about potienal for Creative growth, time to take on new projects, a new start, travel, passionate action. This is a fire card, it has fiery energy, its force can be unpredictable. I have been taught that it can also mean a birth, good health and a commencement-

Definitely less "safe" than the Ace of Wands in other decks. The Druidcraft Ace of Wands is like Disney compared to this card.

HuskyChariot

Thanks PAMUYA birth and good health are meanings I wasn't aware of :D

Oh wow merissa_88! Can't believe I missed that dragon!

So glad I'm not a lonely poster, my understanding of this deck is going to be so much deeper with hearing other's thoughts