Kindle fire tarot apps

inanna_tarot

Hi folks ,

I'm almost 90% sure I'm going to upgrade my old kindle keyboard for a kindle fire, but I was wondering what the apps are like on it, especially the tarot apps for UK users?

Are they expensive? Are the accurate?
I have some tarot apps on my iPhone but I just don't really use them- I see them more like a magic 8 ball type thing rather than a "proper" deck but I guess I don't reAlky ask it proper questions either.

So kindle fires and tarot apps - what say you?

EthanWaite

I used to insist on real cards, but the more I have tried out various electronic tools, the more I've started to realize that as long as the person is genuine and focused on the question at the moment the cards are selected, synchronicity causes the right cards to come up, regardless of the mechanism.

inanna_tarot

Thank you! I think I just need to use them more to gain the trust is then like I do a paper deck :)

Ace of Stars

I've found with Tarot apps that accuracy seems to improve with use; like the first few times I use one, it'll just feel like random cards, but given repeated use over a period of time, the app and I begin to vibrate together. Not so different than a paper deck really, for me anyway.

willowfox

I see them more like a magic 8 ball type thing rather than a "proper" deck

***Basically that's what all tarot apps are, they are designed by humans and act similar to the "one arm bandit" machines.

Therefore should be used for entertainment purposes only.

kalliope

If you go searching in the Tarot Books & Media subforum, I think that's where you'll find a number of threads talking about tarot and other divination apps. It's all really personal, but many people find they work well for them. I'm one of those who loves apps, especially for when you're wanting to do a spread in privacy (i.e. when others are around and you don't need them to know you're reading the cards.)

Like Ace of Stars and EthanWhite said, I think that if you're focused as you should be, their accuracy can be excellent. I'm of the opinion that my energy is more likely to successfully move the electronic cards to "pick the right ones" than it is to successfully move the physical cardboard ones into the right place. I love my physical cards, too, though, and would never give them up, don't get me wrong!

I can't speak about UK availability, but if you search for the Android apps threads, many of them will be in Amazon's app store (the Fire is Android-based). Here's an older post of mine that mentions some of them. I know that Galaxy Tarot, the Liberus TarotBot apps, and Ciro's apps (Legacy of the Divine, Gilded, Tarot of Dreams) are good ones and they're available on Amazon in the US, so I'd try searching those for sure.

willowfox

***Nothing surpasses a card in the hand. Not even an 8 ball. Actually, aren't tarot apps a lazy approach to getting an answer? Press a button, instant answer?

kalliope

***Nothing surpasses a card in the hand. Not even an 8 ball. Actually, aren't tarot apps a lazy approach to getting an answer? Press a button, instant answer?

Well, obviously if you hate them and view them this way you should steer clear! I understand that many people will always prefer to hold physical cards.

But you seem to think that just because the app picks the cards then it somehow prevents you from pondering the meaning of the cards yourself, and this isn't the case. You can still do your own interpretation just as you would if you picked the cards with your hand.

Sure, some people will just want the quick answer from the resulting text, but those people can do the same exact thing with physical cards by looking up the meanings in physical books! So, really, the main difference is how the cards are chosen, and everyone will have their own opinions about that aspect. But how we interpret the cards is a choice we make each time, regardless.

Ace of Stars

I also think it's not true that the app picks the card for you.

In some cases this may be true. Like on Facade.com there is no shuffling or choosing cards; you just say "Do a reading for me" and your cards appear; a random generator probably picks the card for you.

However, some apps have a function for shuffling and choosing cards. Although they are not paper, I do not see how this is any different than choosing cards from a paper deck.

If you read the reviews for some of these apps, one of the words used most often is "accurate".

willowfox

Well, obviously if you hate them and view them this way you should steer clear!

***I did not say I hate them at all, I said that apps cannot replace the real thing, the real cards in one's hands, so don't be so rude next time you reply to me or better, don't reply at all if you cannot be civil.