Enchanted Map vs. Wisdom if the Oracle!?

Padma

meeka4monty

I have the Enchanted Map only and it's one of the most blunt decks I own. I like the artwork, I'm expecting it, I get it and it works with the character of Colette's guidebook in my opinion.

This deck gives me the straight up without any sort of floweriness and I like that, a lot.

At first I ditched the guidebook, but now I use it all the time and love it. It is part of this deck's charm for me. I like how the cards read, the suggestions she has for upright/ reversals and it's just matter of fact for me which I appreciate.

I'd never part with the Enchanted Map because in my opinion, it has a very different energy to most oracles produced. That said, I don't know the other one you're enquiring about.

Moonmaiden69

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like this deck is a good fit for me!

I have the Enchanted Map only and it's one of the most blunt decks I own. I like the artwork, I'm expecting it, I get it and it works with the character of Colette's guidebook in my opinion.

This deck gives me the straight up without any sort of floweriness and I like that, a lot.

At first I ditched the guidebook, but now I use it all the time and love it. It is part of this deck's charm for me. I like how the cards read, the suggestions she has for upright/ reversals and it's just matter of fact for me which I appreciate.

I'd never part with the Enchanted Map because in my opinion, it has a very different energy to most oracles produced. That said, I don't know the other one you're enquiring about.

HighPriestess

I only have the Wisdom of the Oracle and at first I was creeped out by the faces but now I don't notice them at all. I also love the soft colour palette. The whole deck is very dreamlike.

I also like how the companion book gives you different ways to interpret the cards depending on the question asked (relationships, prosperity, etc). Sometimes I have trouble figuring out how to interpret certain cards when asked certain questions so I really liked that about the LWB.

Moonmaiden69

When I first looked at this deck online I didn't even notice the face in all the cards. It wasn't until I read posts talking about it. I was on the fence about how I felt about that at first but they are so subtle that it's not a big deal to me now. Beautiful deck!

I only have the Wisdom of the Oracle and at first I was creeped out by the faces but now I don't notice them at all. I also love the soft colour palette. The whole deck is very dreamlike.

I also like how the companion book gives you different ways to interpret the cards depending on the question asked (relationships, prosperity, etc). Sometimes I have trouble figuring out how to interpret certain cards when asked certain questions so I really liked that about the LWB.

katey

I have both. I got the Wisdom of the Oracle when it first came out and really enjoyed it so bought the Enchanted Map.

The Wisdom of the Oracle is very thoughtful and spiritual/emotional for me, whereas the Enchanted Map is a little more grounded and earthy.

I recently read The Map and it really gave me a lot more insight into what the Enchanted Map is trying to achieve and has totally deepened my use and connection with the deck. I recently did a kind of combined review of The Map and the Enchanted Map oracle, which you can find here if you're interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MQmDg_72FE

I also did a review of the Wisdom of the Oracle. I use the Enchanted Map all the time and it has become one of my favourite oracle decks. I think having read the book, I now don't find it as cheesy as I might have initially. The book is all about creating a narrative and characters to personify and interact with your consciousness. She creates a bit of a story, and so the cheesy characters kind of make sense for me.

TLDR: I love both, but I find the Enchanted Map more useful on a regular basis. :thumbsup:

Moonmaiden69

Thanks for the video review. A lot of great info. I'm think the EM is the way to go...for starters anyway.

I have both. I got the Wisdom of the Oracle when it first came out and really enjoyed it so bought the Enchanted Map.

The Wisdom of the Oracle is very thoughtful and spiritual/emotional for me, whereas the Enchanted Map is a little more grounded and earthy.

I recently read The Map and it really gave me a lot more insight into what the Enchanted Map is trying to achieve and has totally deepened my use and connection with the deck. I recently did a kind of combined review of The Map and the Enchanted Map oracle, which you can find here if you're interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MQmDg_72FE

I also did a review of the Wisdom of the Oracle. I use the Enchanted Map all the time and it has become one of my favourite oracle decks. I think having read the book, I now don't find it as cheesy as I might have initially. The book is all about creating a narrative and characters to personify and interact with your consciousness. She creates a bit of a story, and so the cheesy characters kind of make sense for me.

TLDR: I love both, but I find the Enchanted Map more useful on a regular basis. :thumbsup:

Miss Divine

I agree with everything you said. I've had the Enchanted map and the book since they came out so I have had alot of time to get to know and work with it alot. When I first purchased the Wisdom of the Oracle, I thought I was going to like it better. But I was wrong! The Enchanted map is more earthy and useful for me as well.