celtic shaman's pack by john matthews and cheska potter..........

tinkerbell

hello fellow oracle lovers,
i managed to aquire this deck last week. i'm a great fan of cheska potter's artwork,( even though the greenwood still eludes me!).
anyway, i just wondered how many of you have it. i admit, i've had very little time to spend on getting to know the book and deck but my first impressions are that it seems very complex indeed......sort of light years away from the oracles i'm used to!
do you have any thoughts or advice for me about this deck?
and those of you who have it, what would be the best way for me to put it to good use?
many thanks, tink xx

tinkerbell

celtic shaman's pack...........

come on! hasn't anybody got this deck?!
even if you're not a fan of this pack i'd still be grateful for any comments!
yours hopefully,
tink xx

DollieAnna

Well, I had a bid on ebay, but someone snagged it at the last minute from me for ONE DOLLAR! SO I can't help ya. It's OOP.

Fulgour

The Celtic Shaman's Pack

Written by John Matthews, illustrated by Chesca Potter
Published by Element Books Ltd (June 1996)
ISBN 1852304812

"Numinous depictions of Celtic spiritual experience:

I am also a big fan of Chesca Potter and am fortunate enough to have several prints from this deck. I have both this deck and the Celtic Shaman's Pack. Chesca Potter is uniquely able to express the shamanic experience of ecstasy powerfully and with wonderful artistic technique in a Celtic context. She is able to express the contradictory feelings of movement and serenity, ecstasy and immanence, nature and spirit. She has a wonderful sense of colour."

review by Mark Alfandary-Alexander

WolfSpirit

Hi tinkerbell,

I am glad you got your hands on this deck. I think I even read once someone liked it better than the Greenwood for the bright colours, the Greenwood is less bright and a bit green.
I got the deck when it was oop but was not much sought after. I like looking at the images but I never really used the deck, there is a whole different system to this deck, not one I could just use intuitively.
I think I would start a study with the Elements and the Totem Beasts, as I think those would be the easiest to me.
This is an old thread on the deck. I don't think anyone actually says they read with the deck though...
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=7875&page=1&pp=10&highlight=celtic+shaman's+pack

Alison Cross

Celtic Shaman's Pack | Back in Print!

Just procured a copy today. You can buy direct from John Matthews' site:

http://www.hallowquest.org.uk

It's GORGEOUS!!! <3