Froud Faeries Oracle..any views on this deck?

pickled pixie

Hi all,
Have been looking at these online and have fallen in love with the images (although not sure why as faeries have never really been my bag!) anyway, I was wondering what they are like to work with as they are an Oracle and I have never worked with one of these before? Any thoughts on this deck would really be appreciated :)

Blessings PP x

Dwaas

Artistically great deck. Many rave about it. I traded it asap. The deck said nothing. Just beautiful and silent. But it has many many fans! I'm sure they will jump in. :)

LixiPixi

I have them and love them, but don't use them as much as I'd like to because they're an oracle. They require me to use the book to discover their meanings. Not only is that a bit bothersome to me, but it sort of makes me feel like I'm "cheating" by reading the book. I much prefer them for daily draws, that way I can read the description of each card and see how it applies to my day. It helps me to learn their meanings as well, but there's always those cards that never seem to show up, so I don't learn them as effectively.

LP~

yaraluna

I have them and love them.
I have read online and offline and they have been very good, accurate and straight to the point. I read completely intuitively and I use the book only when i draw them for me to study, or if my intuitive reading needs clarification from the book (rarely for me though) ;)

Some people don't like them b/c of the intuitive aspect and/or not being rooted on something like tarot formulas.
once i opened them the first time, fairies are around since then for sure.

just MHO

pickled pixie

Thanks for the replies :)
I have gone ahead and ordered the deck and can't wait for it to arrive!!!
Thanks for the link to the study group traveller :thumbsup: will check it out now!

pp xxx

celticnoodle

I also have this deck and love them terribly! You cannot help but to enjoy them, and they are everything you can believe a faerie to be! however, just as LixiPixi has said, I find I don't use them as much as I wish I would/could. You cannot just look at them and know what they are telling you in a reading. You must use the book with them.

As a result, I feel just like L.P. and feel like I'm 'cheating'. As a result, I never use them for face to face readings. When I am doing a reading via email/telephone, I generally use a tarot deck first, and then I go to the faerie's and ask them for advice for my client. especially if the client asks me "what should I do".

If you don't mind using the book, and you don't plan to use them for face to face readings, I highly recommend them! I'm glad I have them. One other thing I was not too keen on with this deck though is the fact that the cards are a bit flimsy feeling. However, the artwork and stories make up for that, and I'll always love my little faerie's!

LixiPixi said:
I have them and love them, but don't use them as much as I'd like to because they're an oracle. They require me to use the book to discover their meanings. Not only is that a bit bothersome to me, but it sort of makes me feel like I'm "cheating" by reading the book. I much prefer them for daily draws, that way I can read the description of each card and see how it applies to my day. It helps me to learn their meanings as well, but there's always those cards that never seem to show up, so I don't learn them as effectively.

LP~

SuzanneMoon

I have just recieved this deck as a gift from a friend and they are beautiful i am yet to read with them, but i know i will be before long :D

pickled pixie

well I've just received my cards and do love them lots :thumbsup: celticnoodle and lixipixi why do you need the book with these cards? I haven't tried reading with them yet but I've started reading the book and don't know whether to do the excersises in it or not? do you need to do those excercises to be able to read the cards without the book (this I kinda understand as the pictures don't give you any clues really as to what the hell they are about!)
still think they are fab though even if I may never be able to read with them!

pp xxx

WolfSpirit

Hi pickled pixie,

Congrats on your faeries :)
When I got this deck (years ago now) someone here advised me not to start using the deck straight away but do the exercises first - I remember picking my favourite/least favourite card based on the pictures and not looking at the meanings. I enjoyed that and it makes for a very personal bond with this deck. I still like to read what the book says about the cards - it is imo so well written it is just a joy to read. But I have a deeper, more emotional or intuitive relationship with the cards as well and the exercises helped establish that (if you really don't like doing them you can still skip them but I would say, at least give them a try)