The Devil + The Moon

Zechariah13

So.... *looks at above posts*...
would it be too much to assume that the card references hot sex under the moonlight?

Of course, in my deck, each the Devil and Moon have a sorcerous connotation (sex magick and moon magick, respectively).

But also, the moon is one of the cards that proceeds the Devil, illuminating the path, after the Devil's bondage brings the Tower down, but before the Sun brings us true light.

I would REALLY love to see the whole reading. that one extra card can make all the difference, IMHaVPO

vision777

wow the moon and the devil is scary. it might mean that someone has a drinking problem or drug problem. which may be making problem. and p.s. I love the Morgan - greer deck you should check out hanson roberts.

blu3

So.... *looks at above posts*...
would it be too much to assume that the card references hot sex under the moonlight?

Of course, in my deck, each the Devil and Moon have a sorcerous connotation (sex magick and moon magick, respectively).

But also, the moon is one of the cards that proceeds the Devil, illuminating the path, after the Devil's bondage brings the Tower down, but before the Sun brings us true light.

I would REALLY love to see the whole reading. that one extra card can make all the difference, IMHaVPO

Haha, how I wish =X but I doubt it =/.

wow the moon and the devil is scary. it might mean that someone has a drinking problem or drug problem. which may be making problem. and p.s. I love the Morgan - greer deck you should check out hanson roberts.

It is!! Probably he has a drug problem?? (well all I know is that he smokes marijuana). Well I am kind of obsessed with him so that should explain the devil + moon a bit? But he's a Pisces also and whenever I ask about him or my bf (who is also a Pisces) the moon card shows frequently for some reason...it's really confusing (how ironic).

And yeah. I heard about the Hanson Roberts, but I kind of don't like it =X Idk, maybe it'll grow on me and I will buy it some day. I remember not liking Morgan-Greer and when I saw the 8 of wands one day, I instantly fell in love and had to buy it =D. Maybe the same will happen with Hanson-Roberts

tarotbear

It's That Old Devil Moon !

The Devil and the Moon next to each other: a strongly antagonistic situation, implying deceit by another.

{Quoted from 'It's All in the Cards', page 188}

Zechariah13

question: due to the nature of the moon to refer to fantasy and illusion, isnt it also possible that there is an amount of self deception involved as well? Perhaps a delusion or misbelief that communication is necessary or that it will provide something there is no way it could? I just remember seeing the moon as being more shifty and illusory than outright deliberately deceptive.

PAMUYA

The Devil and the Moon:

Trapped in the illusion of a fantasy, unable to see what is really happening. Someone is being controled by a fantasy, either within themselves, or by an outside source. Example: thinking that having sex means that this person loves them when that is not the case, one person knowing this is the case and still takes advantage of it.

blu3

The Devil and the Moon next to each other: a strongly antagonistic situation, implying deceit by another.

{Quoted from 'It's All in the Cards', page 188}

Thank you, perhaps deceit on my part (maybe).

question: due to the nature of the moon to refer to fantasy and illusion, isnt it also possible that there is an amount of self deception involved as well? Perhaps a delusion or misbelief that communication is necessary or that it will provide something there is no way it could? I just remember seeing the moon as being more shifty and illusory than outright deliberately deceptive.

Yes!! I totally agree!! Self-deception..

The Devil and the Moon:

Trapped in the illusion of a fantasy, unable to see what is really happening. Someone is being controled by a fantasy, either within themselves, or by an outside source. Example: thinking that having sex means that this person loves them when that is not the case, one person knowing this is the case and still takes advantage of it.

Yes, I think it is myself. Definitely..pretty much telling me "Don't communicate because it will be more of the same".

Sakabu

Blu3, you let us know in this thread that you would take a break from reading for a month. This was about two days ago. I don't mean anything harmful by this, but I thought the right thing to do would be to remind you what you had said and that this goes counter against you stepping back away from the situation.

GeistKrieger

Blu3, you let us know in this thread that you would take a break from reading for a month. This was about two days ago. I don't mean anything harmful by this, but I thought the right thing to do would be to remind you what you had said and that this goes counter against you stepping back away from the situation.

Sakabu is right and personally, the sense of foreboding coming from this reading should be quite clear. In reading the prior thread, I'm concerned that you might be looking for anything to guide you into conversations or a connection with this person, assuming the prior thread is connected to this one of course. As was said in the prior thread as well, it may be good for you to take a step back and clear your mind of this person and disconnect from them. On what some would call an energetic level, I feel like this might be coloring your perception of your readings or your interactions with your cards.

If my bluntness is offensive, then understand it is not said in a way to offend you, but it is said to ensure that there are no minced words or hidden meanings. I hope this is received in the way this post is meant.

blu3

Thanks Sabaku and Geist! But this reading was done around those days, just felt confused and wanted to know what these two cards meant..I mean it's a good learning experience as well =). Just wanted to know what this pair meant in terms of communication