Masculine tarot decks out there?

Farzon

The Renaissance Tarot is hard to find but I'd consider it more on the masculine side. It has a mix of Renaissance-aesthetics with 80s colours and a slight homoerotic touch.

danieljuk

TarotBear was quite annoyed at one stage by the lack of this, although some of the decks in other comments are great ideas! the gay tarot definitly has some very masculine cards and breaks some gay male stereotypes.

Anyway TarotBear wrote a book from a man's perspective about reading the tarot. there is a thread about the book here and he made a deck to go along with it which he drew himself here he really wanted a tarot book and a deck for men, they are quite masculine and offer a different point of view

Morwenna

I, a woman, really need to get TarotBear's stuff. :)

OT, I've seen many people here refer to the Arcus Arcanum as a masculine deck. I never got that myself (I love the deck), but I do agree that it contains much masculine energy, particularly in the swords and wands.

Hooked on TdM

The Gareth knight tarot strikes me as masculine. Lots of red and yellows throughout the deck.

sabrina77

What about something like Deck of the Bastard (regular or Samhain)?

greatdane

This is coming from a woman's standpoint

but I read some consider the New Palladini more masculine, but it's hard for me to judge what a male might think :). It seemed more masculine than feminine to me, as a woman.

Farzon

but I read some consider the New Palladini more masculine, but it's hard for me to judge what a male might think :). It seemed more masculine than feminine to me, as a woman.

That´s a strange one... To me (a man) it´s like neither nore. The humans in this deck have this old fashioned elegance with a touch of androgynity.

Metafizzypop

I would like a deck with a lot of robust energy and a lot of powerful, masculine figures.

I don't think it will be easy to find decks like this, because it's not in the nature of tarot to be this way. Robust, powerful energies aren't what tarot is about. Reading tarot essentially means getting in touch with a part of ourselves that isn't powerful in a traditional, muscular sense, but which is often viewed as weak (though it really isn't). It's about getting in touch with our sensitivity. It's about listening to that quiet voice inside ourselves, and letting it share its wisdom with us. It's about laying back and being receptive to the subtle forces of nature and the spiritual world.

Reading tarot isn't a macho sport. And it's not about a stereotypical view of masculinity. That's why a rugged tarot deck is so hard to find. You're asking tarot to be something that, by nature of what it's meant to be, can't be.

Disa

Wasn't there a deck called the God Tarot or something like that? I don't know if it was masculine.

I agree with greatdane about the New Paladini. When I read for men online I often use that deck, or the Hudes, or Ciro's Legacy of the Divine. For some reason those seem masculine to me. When I read for men in person they don't pick those, they pick things like the Victorian Romantic???

Ciro's deck is full of reds and oranges and passion and energy.

I need to get Tarotbear's deck too. I meant to and it slipped my mind. Wait, where do we get his deck, anyway? I only see the book. I found it https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/the-everyman-tarot

Le Fanu

Wasn't there a deck called the God Tarot or something like that? I don't know if it was masculine.
Sol Invictus. Yes, I also read about it being a masculine deck. I think it's more in the concept than the atmosphere. I have it and don't get much (masculine or otherwise) from it.

I think the Rohrig is very masculine - lots of cogs, rods and breasts - also the LoS Vikings Tarot.

I think of masculine tarots as "no fuss" tarot. Anything overly decorative is out. I think of it (and this is from a masculine point of view) as *to the point* decks, nothing superfluous - Morgan Greer, Thoth, Via Tarot, Anthony Clark's Magickal Tarot (how odd - I think of masculine tarot and it's always Thoth decks that float to the surface. Liber T, however, is too curvaceous of line to have a maculine vibe for me). Plus there's the no frills Marseilles. Also the Wang Jung Tarot- again, not very decorative. Perhaps the Royal Fez Moroccan too. Oh and anything by Tavaglione.

Also the LoS Celtic Tarot (Majors only - the Minors dilute it too much) - hardness, earthiness and blood. Light and Shadow too - those roughly etched lines and no "popping" colours.

These are - of course - different aspects of masculinity - and I know it's not tarot but it so belongs on a list like this because it's so irresistable; the Gods & Titans Oracle - for the kitschly exuberant and pumped up male emerging from the primeval swamp.

Funny these perspectives; how different we all are - Anna K is totally unmasculine for me. I would have it on a thread of "Fireside Decks for gentile grandmothers."