Homestuck Tarot

Chara

So, I searched for a thread on this, but I haven't seen anything. Feel free to point me in the right direction if I missed it.

Homestuck is sort of notoriously difficult to describe, but simply put, it's a webcomic about a group of kids who are friends on the internet and start playing a game together. THEN STUFF HAPPENS.

It's ridiculously popular, as one might guess by the fact that the Kickstarter project to make a video game based on the comic is now more than 200% funded with over $1,600,000 pledged at the time of writing. (That number will go up.)

So, what does that have to do with tarot cards? Well, one of the reward tiers is the "SEERPAK", which includes a Homestuck Tarot deck. I hate to admit it, but I didn't actually read Homestuck until I saw the deck. (Homestuck is one of those VERY popular things with a large, often annoying fanbase that I claim I will avoid forever but somehow get sucked into. See also: Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Supernatural.)

I don't want to link to all of the preview images, but here are two:

http://mspaintadventures.com/scraps2/tarot-preview-3.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_matarcImJQ1qgydilo1_1280.jpg

(It's worth noting that several of the cards appear to be getting an art update before going to print)

The cost for the SEERPAK reward tier is $155, and while it also includes other items (in addition to the deck, you get the game, some pins, stickers, a tote bag, a shirt, and the game's soundtrack), if you're only interested in the deck it's probably a bit steep. (I started reading the comic to justify spending that much money, haha)

I have no idea if the deck will be available for purchase on its own once this project is over. The official statement is that depending on interest, some items may be available later, and there's been a really big interest in the deck. But there's no guarantee. Project funding ends on Thursday Oct 4, 1:26pm CDT!

VGimlet

Oooh, I would buy that deck! Not familiar enough with Homestuck to donate 155 to the program just to get the deck though.

runewynd

I am so disappointed that I missed the Kickstarter. I didn't even know about Homestuck until this month. *sadface* Why do all these neat tarot decks pass me by? I would actually READ with those!!

runewynd

Win!

I have the best friends ever! I got a deck of the Homestuck Tarot! Woo!

I've already come up with two new layouts for working with them- the Incipisphere spread for reading on a particular situation, and the Sburb/Sgrub spread for basic readings on a querent.

I'll very likely write a review on this deck soon- it's pretty awesome.