Lo Scarabeo Tarot Wonder

willowfox

***Something about Lo Scarabeo cards that doesn't work for me, their pictures are somehow lacking in feelings, they don't feel inspired but just produced.

Melia

I heard most Lo Scarabeo made in Italy, none of them yet print in china is that true?

Not true, the Silicon Dawn Tarot was printed in China ... and the new Tarot Illuminati (the gilded edges version in the kit) is not the usual Italian card stock. This feels more like a Chinese printing to me. You just need to become accustomed to using a different shuffling technique with most of the Chinese printed cards. Still they don't have the same silky feel of the usual Italian card stock like that of the Golden Universal for example.

neogeo

Thanks, Exactly what I need to know. So They printed in china too... I might heard wrongly. But thanks and what about "their pictures are somehow lacking in feelings, they don't feel inspired but just produced. well I get what you mean and I think this is very important too. Because it creates the relationship between you and the tarot. So anyone experienced it too? Thanks

gregory

Thanks, Exactly what I need to know. So They printed in china too... I might heard wrongly. But thanks and what about "their pictures are somehow lacking in feelings, they don't feel inspired but just produced. well I get what you mean and I think this is very important too. Because it creates the relationship between you and the tarot. So anyone experienced it too? Thanks

I'd say that you can't really say that about one publisher's huge number of decks. (sorry, willowfox !) They are done by many different artists - some who work for them often and some who have never done so before. The Illuminati, Silicon Dawn, Dame Fortune's Wheel - all were picked up from artists who had already produced some or all pof their work on their own, for instance. Quantum, Magical Forest and Chinese were picked up when those decks went out of print elsewhere... There are many more, but I am on capped internet here...

willowfox

I'd say that you can't really say that about one publisher's huge number of decks. (sorry, willowfox !)

***Actually I can say that not one single deck produced by Lo Scarabeo works for me, and I have seen just about everyone they have produced. Its the style or something.

gregory

***Actually I can say that not one single deck produced by Lo Scarabeo works for me, and I have seen just about everyone they have produced. Its the style or something.

But how can the style of a multitude of different artists.... take Dame Fortune's Wheel - how different from their usual artists can you get ?

I an truly baffled :D

Aerin

But how can the style of a multitude of different artists.... take Dame Fortune's Wheel - how different from their usual artists can you get ?

I an truly baffled :D

Me too.

Silicon Dawn, Fey, Illuminati... chalk and cheese and something not chalky or cheesy.

willowfox

Me too.

Silicon Dawn, Fey, Illuminati... chalk and cheese and something not chalky or cheesy.

***Silicon Dawn is so b**, Fey is just unappealing and the Illuminati is a 50 - 50, some cards are lovely but others are just so wrong, like half of the court cards.

No deck is perfect whoever the publisher/artist is, but the Lo Scarabeo decks seem to have so many ill thought out decks or just unappealing decks running around.

ana luisa

Choosing decks is so subjective that, honestly - and running the risk of sounding cliché - whatever resonates, resonates. I like LS because of the stock quality and affordable prices. Period. I would also be a fan of AG Muller or US Games but they tend to to charge a bit more for their decks... As to fluff, well, quality wise, the Baba decks are superb and amazing but I could NEVER read from a deck with cats dressed up as queens and kings. Again, it's simply a personal choice. I've had people do phenomenal readings with it... and with tea leaves :)