A variation in Cosmic Tarot editions

Le Fanu

How odd. Saves image and uploads.... That image is what I get on the link I posted.... JUST that.
Gregory, that link to the new cover with the High Priestess is just wrong!

They have changed her. I challenge anyone to hold their High Priestess card next to the screen and to see the hideous changes. What has happened to the eyes? Her face is completely different. Has the artist done an updated *lighter make-up* version for the 21st Century? Gone is that darkly 80s gothic style...

Is it just the cover or has the card itself been changed? Have the cards been changed? The horror, the horror.

gregory

I have NO idea. I just found it while trying to see if anyone still stocked the Schmid !

delizt

what on earth is that scan?? the new packaging or the Fx version? ugh

*edit, I see that's it's the Urania...still strange

karen0205

Gregory, that link to the new cover with the High Priestess is just wrong!

They have changed her. I challenge anyone to hold their High Priestess card next to the screen and to see the hideous changes. What has happened to the eyes? Her face is completely different. Has the artist done an updated *lighter make-up* version for the 21st Century? Gone is that darkly 80s gothic style...

Is it just the cover or has the card itself been changed? Have the cards been changed? The horror, the horror.

It looks like they eliminated a lot of the shading on her face, which totally changes the feel of the card. It's easier to print with less detail I'm sure. Looks horrible compared to the original.