Marseille Cat Tarot from Lo Scarabeo

seedcake

Ordered this last week in honor of my 18 year old kitty that had to be put down. She's been with my mom because my house needs work, so I'm sad. :( Not a cat deck person as a rule, but this looks really nice. That magician almost seems like it should be a huge poster on a wall!

The Magician looks great but my personal favourite is Death.

I really like the style of the deck. Pictures are very soft and refined. I think it's interesting that you can use the deck as TdM and RWS in the same time. Few times it made my readings going deeper.

Aeric

Death is such a sweet, adorable card. I interpret it as gracefully and happily embracing change; the image takes all the fear and worry out of the inevitability.

seedcake

Death is such a sweet, adorable card. I interpret it as gracefully and happily embracing change; the image takes all the fear and worry out of the inevitability.

Perfectly said! One of the most sweet Deaths in Tarot :)

Yelell

Perfectly said! One of the most sweet Deaths in Tarot :)

Aw, my kitty was an orange red cat too. Tell you the truth I'd avoided looking at the death card - it IS nicely done. I didn't really think about the little kitty "prompts" in the pips, just really driven to get a cat deck, so I'll have to see how that feels. I think I 'll go look for or make an orange cat design tarot bag or something :angel:

Onaorkal

Reviving an old thread here to say that I finally purchased this deck! :)

I really want to get into reading with TdM and non-scenic types of decks, but I highly dislike most of the traditional Marseille tarots. Mostly due to the people's faces, but also the colors.

So I added the Marseille Cat to my wishlist when I learned of its existence and was finally able to purchase it in a local store. I'm really glad I did!

Then I started to wonder if it COULD be used as a TdM, since the pips are sometimes inspired by the RWS tradition and also because some changes were made to a couple of Majors (like Death and the Wheel). I'm happy to see that many other people seem to like this deck and are indeed able to use it as a TdM without problem. I will personally not take the kitties on the pips into account to interpret my readings. Maybe eventually some other 'real' TdM will finally grow on me and I'll make the jump! (to be honest I'm already eyeing the late Yoav Ben-Dov CBD TdM!)

In the meantime, I will go and enjoy this one :)