The Fool and Queen of Pentacles rx as obstacles?

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi everyone,

I did a relationship spread and the obstacles came up as The Fool upright and The Queen of Pentacles RX.

My first take was that they are being too risky and are not using enough logic or planning about this relationship. They are going in with blinders on and could fall off the mountain if they are not careful. The QOPs to me us about not being grounded, and maybe being too focused on image and being a perfectionist. So maybe this couple are more concerned about how they look to the world than how they actually are as a couple.

Thoughts anyone?

rwcarter

The QW would be more concerned with how she's viewed by others. Logic and planning would be the QS.

Assuming you pulled two cards for the one position instead of one card clarifying the other, there is lots of tension between those two cards. The Fool is footloose and fancy free. Upright the QP is very grounded and comfortable within her skin. Rx she's out of her element. Is one of them the more adventurous type while the other is more of a homebody who's trying to step outside their box? (The QP could just as easily refer to him as to her.)

Rodney

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi Rodney

That is correct, I pulled two cards under the position of obstacles. Thank you for your input. I had not considered the tension between the two. She is an earth sign herself, but I do not know much about him. From other friends, it sounds like he is controlling and manipulative.

DDwarks

I've found the Queen of Pentacles rx to be the type to be disrespectful and abusive to others and themselves.

If the man in question is controlling and manipulative he could very well be the Queen of Pentacles.

The Fool in this case would be her being completely oblivious to his ways, not seeing him for what he's like.

The energies are unfriendly and to me, it looks like a predator and prey type of scenario.

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi DDwarks,

Thanks for your input. I think you are on to something! From what I have heard about this relationship, she is VERY oblivious and in la la land. He is uber controlling, emotionally/verbally abusive and very up and down. Her friends have tried to talk to her about this and she basically says thanks for your concern but we are okay, etc. Always an excuse. She also posts happy quotes, and other things online to project the image that she is so happy and healthy. He has pushed away many of her friends as well. I agree that he is the QOP RX and she is the Fool and is not seeing him for who he actually is. He has also been very rude towards her friends.

Curious1

The obstacle is in how they see each other. This relationship is a "parent-child" relationship even though both are adults. The Queen is indeed ill-dignified which turns her mothering into smothering. One who grounds, quite literally - as in restrictive punishment - the child "for their own good" so that the child cannot "make a fool of themselves", and by doing so, make a fool of the parent Queen.

Elven

Hi CaliforniaVirgo,

I'm agreeing with RWC as to the tension in the relationship - seems like they repel each other at times, but are becoming attached in a very unhealthy way (like DDwarks said).

Ones not watching what's going on, the other cant take their eyes off what's going on, and could be quite suspicious or resentful of the others point of view and overall lifestyle coupled with a lack of commitment.

On another note, I feel one of them unceremoniously dumped their last partner. Though that partner has not gone away.
The keyword I get is 'window shopping'. So who knows, one of them maybe already thinking of an escape route or an acidic strategy if dumped, or looking for another relationship more suited.

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi Elven and Curious1,

I think both of your interpretations are fitting for this couple. From what I know they broke up a week or so again but apparently now they are moving in. It is extremely dysfunctional and she is completely oblivious or is just refusing to see the truth. As for smothering, I am sure that is going on. I know he is very emotionally and verbally abusive, but she always makes excuses for it.

Elven, I am curious to what made you see that someone was dumped? You are correct!

Elven

Hi Elven and Curious1,

I think both of your interpretations are fitting for this couple. From what I know they broke up a week or so again but apparently now they are moving in. It is extremely dysfunctional and she is completely oblivious or is just refusing to see the truth. As for smothering, I am sure that is going on. I know he is very emotionally and verbally abusive, but she always makes excuses for it.

Elven, I am curious to what made you see that someone was dumped? You are correct!

I laid those two cards out -
without any other cards on the table, I put the Fool to the left and the QoP(rev) to the right - then focused on the blank space between the cards to see what the interaction was between them.
I walked away from the table and made a cup of tea.
When I came back I turned the QoP upright - and then I put her face downwards on the table. Sort of a different way of using the card as a reversed card.

When I looked at the newly placed QoP card (the back of the card is facing up), I swear she was walking away from the Fool - yet she was looking back at the Fool seething. It was like imagining the face of the Queen staring through the back of the card over to the Fool card. The cards seemed further apart, and the Fool seemed totally unperturbed, but the QoP is really P.O'd and I thought, that's a bust-up, and there's more to come.

That is where the answer came from.

There's like an invisible piece of elastic that connects the cards.
When they are pulled apart under the tension of the relationship they are stretched apart - when the tension is off, then they snap back together again. (or crash into each other ;))

Hope that helps explain that.

CaliforniaVirgo

Thanks Elven!

Very interesting how you came to that. In terms of all my readings, I think this one shows the most dysfunction..even though the devil did not present.

Thanks again!