Faery Guide

Lillie

I have had this deck for a few years, but I havn't used it for ages, which is weird, because it really speaks clearly to me. They answer questions in a very direct way.
I'm not generally the sort to believe in faries, but still, this bunch seem real in a very peculiar way.

The thing is though, I have never been able to draw on that card.
When I first got the deck I thought a lot about that card, but never did anything about it.
I can't! Something in me rebels against drawing on a card. Like it's wrong!

Which is foolish.
But anyhow, the card never came up, and I allowed myself not to think about it

Last night I got out the deck, and ended up spending a lot of time havng this long dialogue with them all.
Where they kept telling me things I didn't want to know, but which were probably true.
And then I was shuffling them, and the blank card flew out at me.
And I know I ought to do something about it. But I don't know if I can bring myself to deface the card!

Pathetic, arn't I?

Chronata

It was nice to look through this thread agian...

I have not been reading cards...any cards...for a while, and I was putting my FO back on the shelf, after it had fallen and all the faeries just flipped and flew out and scattered on the floor like so many leaves...

anyway, my yakmuse (my guide) was the card upright, on top of the pile...

Grinning stupidly ,like a cheshire yakmuse... and I was promted to take a look in this forum once again!

Georgeousbutterfly...I agree..I think your guide is reminding you that you can be childlike and throw tantrums and be yourself...and that's OK!

I think decoupage is a wonderful way to do a faery guide picture! I have found myself drawing a lot of fae lately, but I keep seeing such beautiful work by other artists...

I almost wish I had extra cards in my deck too...so I can include many many more!

Lillie..I think that sometimes the blank card is a good thing. Now...you wouldn't be defacing the deck if you chose to do something with it...but I think that if you really feel a strong desire to leave it blank...you should!
After all...
A blank card represents unlimited potential...and by leaving it blank you can see whatever appears there at any given time!
think of it like a window...and you may see different fae on that card depending on who/what needs to be your guide at the moment!

Here's a little fae and her friend who appeared to me the other day...I hope I did her justice! Just wanted to share!

Attachments

• fantasy elf.jpg
    fantasy elf.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 137

a_shikhs

Chronata, that is beautiful. You are a blessed artist. That is one gorgeous faery. :D

Lillie

Chronata. She is beautiful!

Where can I find a picture of Yakmuse? It seems other people have seen her, I would like to as well.

I think the thing about not writing in books and that kind of thing is ingrained into me.

I shall think about 'my' fairy. If I can see her well enough to draw her, then I'll take it as a sign that I should.
If not, I suppose the card will remain blank.

But I feel I ought to do it.
I also feel that I should not agonise over it like this!

Sometime I don't even understand myself!

Chronata

arggg! Can't seem to locate the thread that first pictutred my guide...

but here he is again...

Yakmuse (pronounced Yak Moose!) Kori Kobi is his name...:D

Attachments

• yakmuse.jpg
    yakmuse.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 136

ravenari

I have actually chosen to leave this card blank, despite what the card says. My reasons for this are motivated by the drive that I use this deck a lot for others, and I would like the chance for them to draw their personal faery guide - as opposed to one of mine. So whenever they draw the blank, they might be a bit disappointed, but eventually comforted with the knowledge that they have personal guides watching their footsteps.

It also gels with my idea that we have more than one guide at any one time, and if I leave it blank, I can then go about finding out which guide is contacting me, as opposed to restricting myself to one image and concept.

December Fairy

Wow, I have not meet my Feary Guide yet. I hope to one day. I only wish I could draw as well as our dear Chronata. (( her art just seems to hold a spot in my heart))
So that I could show him/her off to the world. lol

You could make a oracle out of your new elf friends. ;) as if you are not busy enough. Well, if you should decide to do that, put me at the top of the waiting list. :D

I'm wondering Chronata, did you take any art classes or have you been drawing all your life? Or both?

blackstormhawk

I keep mine blank ... although mostly I read for myself, I do use the cards for others. I regard this card as an opportunity to connect directly with the fae, and to see who they send to work with me to deal with the particular issue that I am facing. I have entered information in my journal about this particular fae and my interactions with hir.

Fire Storm

Lillie said:
The thing is though, I have never been able to draw on that card.
When I first got the deck I thought a lot about that card, but never did anything about it.
I can't! Something in me rebels against drawing on a card. Like it's wrong!

I feel the same exact way. I can't draw on it, its like its defacing the deck.