Cards falling out while shuffling

Helruna

I have a question for you (yup another one):

When you are shuffeling, no matter if only for you or doing a reading for someone else, and a card or even several ones fall out of the stack, do you regard them to contain a special message?

I have heard that some readers feel that those cards have a special message, additional to the reading, and should be noted as well and taken into consideration.

How do you feel about this? I tried to do a search in the archives, but had no match, so I hope I don't ask a question twice.

BB,
Helruna

divinerguy

Absolutely, yes, read those cards - I'm a firm believer in destiny. Things happen for a reason.

I read those cards by themselves. I only draw more cards if the message isn't clear.

I believe this is an example of a deck "speaking" to the reader.

Helruna

divinerguy said:
Absolutely, yes, read those cards - I'm a firm believer in destiny. Things happen for a reason.

I read those cards by themselves. I only draw more cards if the message isn't clear.

I believe this is an example of a deck "speaking" to the reader.

I see your point here. I too believe that there are reasons why cards fall out, at times. sometimes though, when I still do a reading, the cards that have fallen out and the cards I've drawn seem to have a "different" theme. I wonder if this is just my perception and I "miss" the message or not.

I tend to read them in addition/relation to the spread that I am doing though, and not just by themselves.

BB,
Helruna

wavebreaker

I always pay attention to cards falling out while shuffling. Then I put them back in the deck and continue shuffling.

Sometimes these cards give me additional information, or they tell me that this reading is indeed for the person I'm going to read for (e.g. once the Queen of Wands fell out when I was going to do a reading for someone who had described herself just before as the Queen of Wands).

One time while I was shuffling, four cards fell out, and they were so clear on the question I had asked, I didn't even do the reading anymore... ;)

catlin

I also take cards into consideration when they fall out during shuffling. When I started with the Cannon Reed Withces Tarot I had several cards which fell out (I normally do not have cards falling out during shuffling).

Liliana

If theres 5 cards or less that fall out, I put them above the spread as having an important message. More cards than that I figure the deck is telling me not to read on that subject at this time.

:THP

Helruna

tarotlady said:
I knew there was a previous thread about this and I finally managed to find it ;) , even two:

Thank you for the links! I'll read through them later. :)

BB,
Helruna

PS: I already saw the point in being "just clumbsy". That is one thing that kept "bugging" me when I try to shuffle bigger cards - is there really a message, or the cards simply too big to handle in a careful manner?

squigglywiggly

One time I was shuffling and one card flew out of the deck, levitated before me, and then exploded in a brilliant flash of white light. Afterwards, it slowly glided down to the floor. I just attributed it to my being clumsy. I put it back in the deck and continued shuffling. Do you think that the card was trying to convey to me a special message?

Thanks.

vision

I always pay attention to cards falling out while shuffling. Then I put them back in the deck and continue shuffling.
I do that too tarotlady.

I also think I'm picking up energy of the person I'm reading and s/he is a bit dis-organised / clumsy or thing they are going through such as project is a bit all over the place?

Vision