Fool - Yes or No?

Mark Carter

The Fool is the traveller on the journey and is footloose and fancy free. For me the Fool is a maybe. He is an egg in an incubator - only concept and not yet manifest. The Fool has the full potential to be anything and is indicating that you can make it anyway you like. There is no Yes and No. It is telling you that it is up to you.

An author, Tim Freke, talks about an interesting alternative philosophy. Rather than logical - meaning it must be this or it must be that - he talks about para logical - meaning it could be both. It might sound like I am sitting on the fence but I'm not - I'm saying it could be either.

Brilliance

Yes

The fool is yes for me.

VTTarotlover

Fool reversed=yes

A few days ago I asked if someone is missing me and I got a fool reversed. I was wondering if it was a yes/no. Well, I got my answer and it's a Yes. 10 months after no contact, this person checked my professional profile two days ago ( it showed up on the record).. How odd is that.. He may not be missing me badly, but it at least imply he thought of me. :)

SunChariot

I've been reading the different threads on Yes/No and everyone's different methods. I am aware that many don't agree on asking yes/no questions from tarot...but sometimes, you just want a yes/no answer from the cards (and not from anything else). :)

That being said...I've seen conflicting opinions on The Fool: some say it's a Yes, some say it's a No (I'm in this group).

I'm curious to know how many others see it one way or another...and an explanation of why you interpret it one or another.

Personally, I see The Fool as a No because he's just at the beginning of the journey, he hasn't learned anything yet...so it feels like the answer from The Fool would be a No.

What do you all think?

GA

Don't know if this will help but just in case.....

When I do ask yes/no quesitons, which is rarely I will admit, I find it so much simpler to just have upright cards mean yes and reversed cards mean no. I find it less complex and easier. I have also done it with having even numbered cards mean yes and odd numbered cards mean no.

Takes the guesswork out of it, imo,

Babs

Saskia

Fool is yes, but it's such an early stage of the journey it might not feel like yes. Whatever is beginning will take time to actually manifest.

An example. A friend of mine got pregnant a year ago and I asked will she have the baby. I got the Fool. My friend miscarried. I got confused, how was it possible to get a 'yes' if the answer was no! However, my friend revealed later that miscarriage was possibly a good thing as she wasn't ready to have child yet, she needed time to get to the mental stage where a baby feels like a blessing, not like shock. Now, after a year, she's pregnant again and happily waiting to be a mum. :)

Similar thing has happened with other questions too, for example with my husband's career. He suddenly lost his job and I got the Fool again, when he was still looking for a new job. A few weeks later he got a new job in a completely different field, where he first worked as a temp, now it's becoming an actual long-term career. So again, the very first baby steps were indicated by the Fool.