New Thoth Tarot book.

sworm09

Yikes! I'm definitely going to take it with a grain of salt and will keep my eye out for his fascination with violence and his unbalanced masculine/feminine perspective. I've already noticed the immaturity and ranting that you're all talking about, and I haven't even gotten to the cards yet. But I'm going to wait until I do get to that section before I decide if I want to continue, just to see if I get something out of those times when he explains something well.

I'd read it for his presentation of complex subjects in a more down to earth, yet not dumbed down, manner. But as soon as he starts talking about politics, skip ahead.

Duquette's book isn't as immediately open with pushing you into more complicated terrain, but it's much less aggressive in manner and rewards continued reading....similar to the Book of Thoth. Duquette's Chicken Qabalah is the same way.

Nemia

And now I bought the Duquette, Kindle version. Much better reading.

Zephyros

Ultimately there's a limit to how simple and down to earth any author can make the Thoth. Not much to do about it, the material is difficult. I studied DuQuette's book for about six months before attempting to go further.