7 Wands reversed

MasterJm

It could show a man with many enemies. Defensive, trying to regain control. Maybe there is also a problem with the energy. Is there a difference in the meaning when that card is reversed ? What could we say generally ? What kind of relationships have when 7 Wands is reversed ? Are we less macho ? Are we cowardly ? How is connected that reversed card with the High Priestess ?

Thoughtful

7 Wands reversed to me would tell me that any stress related to having had to defend yourself is over, and connected to the High Priestess means clearer vision and more intuitive insight.

WalesWoman

What if you thought of 7 Wands as the "Yes I can" card, that no matter the obstacle or the naysayers and saboteurs, no matter what comes at you, you don't give up or give in to adversity (much like 9 Wands only still fresh and unbroken). It could mean enemies, but more likely maintaining the high ground, letting the battle come to you rather than leaping headlong into it.

Reversed...instead of believing in and defending your goals, aspirations and dreams, you allow yourself to be defeated by doubts, the enemies of desire and give up in defeat without even fighting for the things you want.

Sulis

It could also mean that you're being too stubborn, refusing to back down.
Reversals can show an excess of the cards' energy, too little of the card's energy or a blockage of that energy. There are many different ways to read a reversed card but one of the important things to look at when deciding how to read a card (in my opinion) is to look how certain interpretations will fit in with the story shown by the rest of the reading (so in other words, the surrounding cards and the context).

queenxofxwands

It could show a man with many enemies. Defensive, trying to regain control. Maybe there is also a problem with the energy. Is there a difference in the meaning when that card is reversed ? What could we say generally ? What kind of relationships have when 7 Wands is reversed ? Are we less macho ? Are we cowardly ? How is connected that reversed card with the High Priestess ?

the 7 upright is about sticking up for yourself, reversed, i would say it is being passive which relates to the high priestess, who just shuts up, just puts up with stuff.

Nineveh

It could also mean that you're being too stubborn, refusing to back down.
Reversals can show an excess of the cards' energy, too little of the card's energy or a blockage of that energy. There are many different ways to read a reversed card but one of the important things to look at when deciding how to read a card (in my opinion) is to look how certain interpretations will fit in with the story shown by the rest of the reading (so in other words, the surrounding cards and the context).
I will have to agree with this interpretation. I performed a non-romantic rrlationship spread and 7 of wands rx has appeared in the how does the person feel about you position.

I have defended myself doggedly against that person and have yet to back down although I can walk away at any time.

I was shocked when I saw the card in that position and had to perform a search.

Thanks fir this, Sulis.

Barleywine

One of the titles for the 7 of Wands is "Valor" (or "Valour"), which indicates exceptional courage in the face of daunting odds - the stuff heroes are made of. Six against one is a valid expression of this idea. I've always noted, when the card is upright, that the single combatant is holding the high ground (a distinct advantage in historical military terms), and it might even be said that he has the "moral high ground" in that he has the right of the situation. It's a "valiant underdog" card with the opportunity to win the day due to superior positioning, and the antithesis of the "might makes right" philosophy.

Reversed, it could mean being overwhelmed by adversity, a victory of sheer numbers over strategy. There is a cliche that goes "Discretion is the better part of valor," said when you believe it is wise to be careful and avoid unnecessary risks. It suggests that an orderly retreat rather than outright defeat or surrender could be the best option in this case. If I were to relate this thought to the High Priestess, it might mean "folding your tents and sneaking quietly into the night," keeping your own counsel with the conviction that you're still morally justified. To me, reversed 7 of Wands looks like a "no win" situation from the first blow; call it a "non-starter" - or at least a fierce uphill struggle - in terms of any kind of enterprise.

headincloud

We withdraw under both 7w rx and Priestess. You've likely been looking back over the past in the priestess and decided to cut your losses and withdraw from a battle you're engaged in. Fighting a loosing battle basically.