Pregnancy prediction spread

magipixie

A friend of mine did a spread for herself regarding wether or not she was pregnant just a few days before she took an actual pregnancy test, and the reading she got could not have possibly had more pregnancy related cards. I don't believe that tarot can 'predict the future', but my thought was that her body KNEW she was pregnant and put that knowledge into the cards while she was shuffling them, does that seem probable to anyone but me :)?
Blessed Be, Pixie

Jeanette

Pixie, that sounds pretty possible to me! I, too, don't think the tarot can predict the absolute future, but tarot can tell which direction the future's going. If that makes sense!

LeahG

magipixie said:
A friend of mine did a spread for herself regarding wether or not she was pregnant just a few days before she took an actual pregnancy test, and the reading she got could not have possibly had more pregnancy related cards. I don't believe that tarot can 'predict the future', but my thought was that her body KNEW she was pregnant and put that knowledge into the cards while she was shuffling them, does that seem probable to anyone but me :)?
Blessed Be, Pixie

Jeanette/Pixie

Yep - I think that the tarot reflects what the "mind" already knows - I'm into psychology - Jung theories -

The excat same thing happened to me - I wasnt asking if I was pregnant - but the cards showed it to me - my mind/body was already aware and it came out in the cards....Queen of Pentacles, Page of Wands and the Ace of Pentacles I think...

So yes, from my personal experience- you can use a spread to see if the querent is pregnant - but so shoe will they become pregnant? Possible yes.

Ivy Rhiannon

I once had a "skeptical" friend ask the cards if she was pregnant. I was unaware as to the question, as I never ask before hand. I saw fertility reversed, and told her if she was wondering she wasn't. She said "well I think I am" I told her I saw the baby not being, rather than a not wanting to be pregnant thing. then she announced "See how stupid these cards are, I am pregnant!!"

Turns out she had planned to have an abortion...

Lurea

Jeanette said:
So, I guess what I should have requested was a spread that would reveal pregnancy-related issues (health, finances, emotions, those types of things)? So thanks for your suggestions, Diana, and Kissa for making me state my intent more clearly! :)

Actually, this would be a great idea for someone (a couple) who was thinking about having a baby but not sure if it's the right 'time' for them. It's a shame ya'll didn't come up with a spread for that. :( I'm not too good at spread creation but I'm willing to stick my oar in. ;)

I've seen spreads that have a similar idea but they are usually quite large spreads (10-16 cards) and cover lots of issues. More of a general "where you are in this life" type. For pregnancy issues, I think a 5-7 card spread might work just as well, and if it seemed unclear then additional clarification could be obtained with an astro house spread, or a celtic cross.

A question something like: How would a pregnancy affect me at this time?

Maybe:
1-motivation or hidden influences
2-woman's health
3-couple's relationship
4- family
5-career
6-finances
7-advice/outcome

What do you think?

WalesWoman

Actually a pregnancy prediction spread would be great, a freind of mine has asked me to read to see if she is...it's too soon for a test kit.

So what cards would you think would indicate she is or not?

Lurea

The Empress and the Sun, definitely. Also the Page of Cups and the Queen of Pentacles. I've heard others say they have gotten the 7 of pents as a pregnancy card.

The Queen of Swords as a 'no' answer. Once when I asked a pregnancy question, the answer was positive- the Empress, the Queen of Pents, and a Knight (can't remember which).

WalesWoman

uh oh...all those cards showed up

Lurea

:D Oh, but that's good news! ( At least, I hope it is...) If the Sun showed up, things can't be too bad. Maybe once she gets used to the idea, she will be okay....

WalesWoman

Just what every perimenopausal woman wants to hear with her oldest 25 and youngest 12...gulp, deep breath and the mantra...this is a blessing.