Dreaming in Color: Etheral Deck

Aura Wolf

Kissa said:
you owe us a review or at least a first impressions message/thread as soon as you get your lazy butt out to check the mailbox... ;)

Well, I checked it today...not there yet! :( ;)

Kissa

got it!

well i got mine yesterday!

the cards are a very very good repro of what you see on your screens, no disappointment! the cardstock is good, thick, the cards are not laminated thus don't slippery, some of them were a bit sticked together but got separated very easily. very pleasant to handle. the backs are beautiful imo!

the lwb offers meanings for all the keywords appearing on the cards and it's very cleverly done: by alphabetical order since cards are not numbered.

i haven't worked with it yet, being all at my TdM studies at the moment but i really could see this deck for meditation and for working with children (creating stories, self-expression).

i am very happy with my purchase. this deck is so original!

kissa

darwinia

Kissa said:
the cards are not laminated thus don't slippery,

Actually, I think they are laminated but it's a matte laminate.

I was very pleased with mine too, I found a whole bunch of new favourites. I have two reviews to write of them but I'm right in the middle of studying for an exam so I've had to put them away. GASP!!

Kissa

darwinia said:
Actually, I think they are laminated but it's a matte laminate.

thanks for the correction, darwinia!

indeed i enjoy the non glossy aspect and i thought there was no lamination .

yes i found some "new" cards too i hadn't got in my daily readings on Mindy's website. for some cards, i definitely feel the connection between the image and the keyword. for others, i don't see it so i tried to work with the colours, the movement etc. but i don't find it frustrating not to see the connection, i think these cards are for meditation and when i use them as such, i am sure many new meanings will appear...

kissa

Aura Wolf

Mine were awaiting me Sunday night when I got back from Thanksgiving break. I hope they weren't waiting too long! They are gorgeous, I love them to death already.

peapodgrrl

Hi everyone :)

So glad to hear you are happy with the cards. :) I am getting emails every day from people using the deck and I am enjoying every single one of them. :) So much so that I decided to put up a testimonial page *hee*

It's truly an exciting time. We ran out of cards so quickly we called and begged the printer to rush another run of decks so we could make the Christmas holidays.

Some news: We will be having matching fabric tarot bags with Dreaming in Color art, soon, too. A friend of mine is going to be making them for us by hand.

The second edition of the deck will have some additions to the booklet, including herbal and astrological meanings for each card, as well as sample spreads.

Hugs to you all,
Mindy

galadrielsphial

I saw this deck completely by chance yesterday when browsing the oracle decks on Aeclectic, and it just took my breath away with the beautiful, rich colors and images...WOW. It is stunning. My best friend Andrea and I each bought one immediately without even reading reviews or checking to see what other people thought, our responses were that strong. I cannot wait for it to arrive so that I actually have it in my hands and can begin using it! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!

Imagemaker

I'd not checked this thread out until today. By the time I had seen the url and visited the site, I went directly to "order." Wow! And got extras for wonderful holiday presents, too!

This deck is just spectacular, and I love the story of its creation.

peapodgrrl

Wow, this is so very very nice to read. Thank you all so much.

If anyone would like to write a testimonial about the deck, or, even better, if anyone would like to write a review of the deck for the Dreaming in Color website, it would be greatly appreciated and posted on the site. :)

Reviews do not need to be written in a certain style, it needn't be overly analytical or extensive like you see on sites like Tarot Passages. It could merely be a recounting of one's own personal experiences with the deck doing readings. If anyone has any questions about the specifics of writing a review, please drop me a PM or email through the site. :)

Mindy

peapodgrrl

Hi everyone :)

For those interested, thought you might want to know about some new stuff going on with Dreaming in Color. Two professional psychics did reviews; we added a testimonial page, taken straight from emails; I am adding some sample spreads, and some other stuff is going on as well, including handmade Dreaming in Color tarot bags. :)

As always, I love to hear feedback; thanks again everyone for your wonderful support.

Hugs,
Mindy