The AT Frankenstein Patchwork deck

nicole_

*nicole runs in panting; holding a 9 of Wands in her hand...

:) I almost shed a tear of joy when I found my spare 9 of wands and then another when I looked through the list on the first post to see that it could still be an empty slot.

I've got a LS Tarot of Princesses 9 of Wands. Does it cut? :D

Travel, travel, travel :p

cardlady22

I like the idea of a traveling deck, but I do suggest having the card signing done before they are mailed off to Le Fanu.

firecatpickles

cardlady22 said:
I like the idea of a traveling deck, but I do suggest having the card signing done before they are mailed off to Le Fanu.
Let's hold off on signing any cards yet! If it doesn't happen we may have a deck with marred backs for no reason.

On the other hand, it might not be a bad idea for all of us to sign the card backs, anyway. But we need to make sure we all use the same ink.

cardlady22

Oh, absolutely! I meant after the list was confirmed and Le Fanu sent 'round the mailing address.

And a good recommendation from Those Who Know which pens/markers are truly permanent and non-smudging would be greatly appreciated. The name brands vary by country.

gregory

Fire Cat said:
Let's hold off on signing any cards yet! If it doesn't happen we may have a deck with marred backs for no reason.

On the other hand, it might not be a bad idea for all of us to sign the card backs, anyway. But we need to make sure we all use the same ink.
Why ? as long as the sigs are all legible. However - OK - black sharpie here.

Le Fanu

OK, back to the matter at hand...
nicole_ said:
*nicole runs in panting; holding a 9 of Wands in her hand...
nicole's in! So the deck will be going via Singapore-way...

r.e signing. It isn't something I'd thought of, but if people want it, then fine. However, I have to add that emmsma wanted to break up a perfectly good Druid Tarot deck to be able to participate and I said that if she could offer it up in Trading to someone who wanted a deck and didn't have much money, I'd put a card in from the Papus Tarot in her name. I don't really want people breaking up intact decks! Anyway, what that means is that she can only sign the card when it reaches her!

In terms of pens, can you use those ones which are used for writing on CDs?

(a client would definitely be shocked if someone tried to read with 78 different cards all with scrawled names on the back, but anyway...)

Cards don't seem to be so forthcoming here today... Only one so far...

ETA; by my count, only 15 cards left to find, including Emperor. Surely Ric's got some in his desk drawer?? :)

gregory

Sure he will - also Pipistrelle. PM him.

firecatpickles

Le Fanu said:
Surely Ric's got some in his desk drawer?? :)
Maybe baba-prague can throw in one ;)

And for that matter, rota (glowinthedark)

gregory

Le Fanu said:
In terms of pens, can you use those ones which are used for writing on CDs?
I think it must depend on whether they are half way decent. The ones I have at the moment won't even write on CDs..... I am a big fan of Sharpies - it's all Arnell Ando's fault....

Le Fanu

gregory said:
..... I am a big fan of Sharpies - it's all Arnell Ando's fault....
yeah but.. any idea what Sharpie is in Portuguese, gregory? I have to go into a shop and ask for one!

And before I go begging for cards, I shall see how many come to us naturally, via the vibrations of the cosmos. This thread isn't a week old yet. I want to resist unnatural interferences for as long as possible... :)