Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Next Step for my Book ???

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

View Poll Results: How would you like TB's OOP book to be reincarnated?
Convince a new publisher to print it. 6 10.91%
I like to turn paper pages; please POD it for me. 28 50.91%
Electronic format; Kindle, Nook, etc. works for me. 21 38.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotbear View Post
This may be the only 'contemporary' treatment I give the cards.

Please be kind!
That's awesome! I recognized you immediately, too, from that mustache and cane. Did you intend that as a self portrait? If not, then I'm the biggest fool of all. LOL
Top   #31
One of the original 100 members

tarotbear 

Wink What Kind of Fool Am I ?

Only a Fool would immortalize himself as a balding, overweight man with a cane. {The handlebar moustache is the give-away~!}

This may be the only 'contemporary card'; I would love to rid the deck of those clownish, foppish medieval clothes and feathered hats - but I don't think I am up for a complete re-imagining of 78 cards! Although this may appear as 'a foolish inconsistancy' compared to the remainder of the deck, I figure I had to start somewhere, and drew myself as the Fool out to create something without any idea of what he is about to step into. My face may grace a few more cards as I go.
Top   #32
Citizen

le_charior 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotbear View Post
SHOULD I CHANGE THE TITLE?

After all, it's a new release.

Originally, I wanted a slightly different title for my book. However, the publisher has control over that, not the author. They did, however, name it too closely like another Tarot book out there - it is my subtitle that changes things. I am thinking maybe I should go back to my original title because it will still pop up on a search: "It's All in THEIR Cards."
I haven't read the book (yet! good thing you are working on a reissue!), but I wanted to say that I prefer "It's All in the Cards" over "It's All in Their Cards". I think the first title is MUCH better, it flows, it has rhythm, it's catchy and easy to remember - while the second one, with this very little change, loses the natural and easy feeling for me. I wonder who "they" are - and i wonder why i should be interest in a "they" that does not include me. It's All in YOUR cards might be working - but anyway, I love the original title and I would advise to keep it, also for consistency and "branding". Just my opinion of course!

And I love the fool card. You could be the Major Tom of the RWS deck if you continue like with that fool with all the other cards.
Top   #33
Citizen

missy 
Citizen

I have to agree that I prefer the original title of the book, "It's All In The Cards." It's a classic and it is what everyone knows.

I also love your Fool card!
Top   #34
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 
Carpathian Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy View Post
I have to agree that I prefer the original title of the book, "It's All In The Cards." It's a classic and it is what everyone knows.

I also love your Fool card!
Hear hear!
Top   #35

tarotbear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_charior View Post
And I love the fool card.
Thank you le-charior, missy, and firefrost ! Let me remind you, though, that a single card does not a tarot deck make! LOL!

I have also found my way into the Magician (one of my Life cards) and the Emperor cards. I have about 6 inked already. Some major reworkings happening on a few Majors as I simplify them, since my artistic abilities affect the imagery. I had to totally rework the Wheel card - too much intricate stuff going on in there! (I will be in the Chariot card, too).

At this point, I am rethinking staying with the 'original' book title so that I can put some of my book reviews with it.

Of course, I also have to have an 'official' name for the tarot deck, too. Is 'Tarotbear's Tarot' too campy?
Attached Images

Top   #36

tarotbear 

Talking Chariot?

Being self-indulgent here, but be calmed! I am not putting myself in EVERY Major Arcana card! {Can't see myself as Archangels, and who wants to see a fat, naked guy in some of the others? LOL!}

But I will turn up in a few more places! 11 Major Arcana done so far!
Attached Images

Top   #37
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

I'm holding out for the tarotbear of DEATH....
Top   #38

tarotbear 

Today the thread was moved, but I was asked if I wanted it in Tarot Books or in Deck Creation; I chose Tarot Books because technically I am not designing a deck, but the illustrations for my books. Do many people go to the Deck Creation threads? I also figured the traffic would be higher here.

I don't know about the Death card yet, gregory, but the Hermit card might have a couple of tweaks in it ...
Top   #39

tarotbear 

Talking A couple of more ...

I only have 6 Major Arcana left - but they are all the difficult ones ... still not sure what to do with Death, gregory!

Enjoy!
Attached Images

Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.