Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tarot in Movies

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Resident

muteswan 
Resident

I love the cards used in the Hellboy director's cut. If only they'd publish them like they did with that Hellboy Ouija board!
Top   #41
Citizen

lunalafey 
Citizen

I just watched "Ocean's 12"....During the character introductions, one of the original 11 is sitting in Vegas getting his palm read- one card; RWS 5 of Wands sits on the table.
With that I watched the movie with the card in mind.
Props department did thier research.
Top   #42
Resident

Knight_of_Swords 
Resident

Back in the 1980s, an episode of the UK TV series Robin of Sherwood featured a reading with a Marseille deck - a tad anachronistic for the turn of the 13th century perhaps, and even more anachronistic in that the cards seemed to have Qabalistic names.

For those that never saw the series, it had definite Pagan themes, with Robin regularly communing with the spirit of Herne the Hunter, and encountering assorted witches and sorcerers.
Top   #43
Resident

Sechat 
Resident
Beauty Shop

About 2/3 through the movie, one of the stylists--the one portrayed as most culturally and intellectually inclined is giving a reading to someone.

I could not quite recognize the cards but they seemed to be the Thoth deck.

peace,sechat
Top   #44
Citizen

wellspring 
Citizen

'Moon & Son' series years ago (UK), and last Friday on Jonathon Ross he showed a clip from Baywatch where some people were doing a Reading on the beach, and looking for a leader .... breeze blew cards up in air, and High Priestess landed on Pammie's chest, which made them think she should be their leader! (Bet the guys secretly knew that one!)

Cat
Top   #45
Resident

Sechat 
Resident

Without A Trace did an episode on the disappearance of a reader 2 recently. It was interesting that the reader did not claim to have any extra sensory or psychic ability and worked with a partner who did claim psychic ability.

The deck used seemed to be the classic RWS.

peace,
sechat
Top   #46
Citizen

Nydia 
Citizen

I want to add another tv show. It is a cartoon on Cartoon Network called The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. Sometimes during the end credits, tarot cards depicting the three main characters are shown going by one at a time.

The first card, "Billy", shows him as The Fool. The second card, "Mandy", shows her as The High Priestess. The third card, "Death", shows Grim, who is The Grim Reaper.

I checked The Internet Movie Database and it lists the tarot cards in the crazy credits section. It lists Mandy as The Pope, but I think the card looks like The High Priestess.
Top   #47
Permanent Resident of Halloween Town

WolfyJames 
Permanent Resident of Halloween Town

How about tarot in videogames? I'm playing Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within and a psychic at some point did two tarot readings. I didn't recognize the deck but the back was black with a white or silver pentacle. The two readings were accurate and going well with the tarot cards. I want to mention that the game is like a movie with real people and places in it (some places in Germany) so they used a real deck.
Top   #48
Citizen

SphinYote 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyJames
How about tarot in videogames? I'm playing Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within and a psychic at some point did two tarot readings. I didn't recognize the deck but the back was black with a white or silver pentacle. ...
Witches Tarot?

Not the 007 Tarot of the Witches but the other one by I think Ellen Cannon Reed? I believe it has a back like that and you can find it here to se the pictures...
Top   #49
Resident

Marindahl 
Resident

Nightmare Alley (1947) is another film with tarot in it. As I recall, Joan Blondell does a reading in the middle of her scheming with Tyrone Power. The Hanged Man turns up--the card for her drunken husband Pete. The Hanged Man falls on the floor, so apparently that means Pete is about to die.

There's all performers at the carnival, so maybe it's not so much of a surprise.
Top   #50

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.