Cleansing Your Cards

ShayLunaTheBuddaful

How do you clense your Tarot Cards?

Barleywine

I don't, and haven't for some time. For a while I smudged them with a white sage stick, but some clients are hypersensitive to incense so I haven't done that with any of my public reading decks, and I don't need to for my private use. In fact, I've reached the point where I don't think it's necessary in either case, since I don't believe decks retain energy.

Apollonia

I don't, and haven't for some time. For a while I smudged them with a white sage stick, but some clients are hypersensitive to incense so I haven't done that with any of my public reading decks, and I don't need to for my private use. In fact, I've reached the point where I don't think it's necessary in either case, since I don't believe decks retain energy.
I agree with Barleywine. I don't cleanse my decks anymore.

ShayLunaTheBuddaful

I can understand that. I like to put them under the moon light, i sage them at times, even sleep on them lol

G6

I'm smell sensitive too, so I like to keep some of mine in cigar boxes, so they have a hint of fresh tobacco scent. I'll also put crystals and things in there with some of them like fresh rosemary. I burn incense. I just make up whatever and it seems to work for me.

barefootlife

I don't. The closest I come to 'cleansing' a deck is to put it all back in order and then reshuffle it again, if my reading starts feeling futzy. But I don't think the cards have an inherent energy. If anything, for me they're a tool for tapping into energy, or the subconscious, or something like that.

Darkmage

There's no need to cleanse the cards. The most I do is reorder them if I've been doing public readings. This is more to make sure no cards have been lost than it is to rearrange the energies.

Physically trying to clean them can damage them. Alcohol and acetone can destroy them, water will warp them. I only use my mass market decks for public readings for this reason. If they get damaged or destroyed, they're easily replaced. No harm no foul.

I store some decks in cedar trinket boxes. I store others in cardboard file boxes from Ikea. It works well and keeps them from getting damaged.

But assuming they need to be smudged or whatever is an old wives' tale.

Ruthann

Cleansing

I put mine out on the windowsill under a Full Moon.

When reading in public I take two decks with me; when one starts to feel "fuzzy" I use the second deck. When I get home I pass each card, front and back, through a sage smudge.

Citrin

I don't. :) I never felt it made a difference.

And especially not after Reading the excellent rant on deck cleansing by Dan Pelletier. It's a facebook post, you can find it by googling "Dan Pelletier cleanse tarot". You can thank me later. ;)

Awkward.turtle91

Crystals, shuffle them all back in order so they have time with their own little "family's". Using salt circles, and the full moon.

xx