Día de los Muertos Lenormand. (Day of the Dead)

Bhavana

I've got like 4 sharpeners of various shapes and sizes here to try and get sharped what I can. I have some sticks that I just break into smaller pieces when I need an edge. I have managed to find a shelf to put my tea on so that it doesn't get dust or shavings in it.. I love a good hot cuppa of an Assam tea while enveloped in my cloud of colored powder.

Here is a new card for everyone. I was thinking that The Lilly was going to come through but last night The Dog came to me.

OMG the dog is AWESOME...and see, the colored backgrounds are really great - I think you should use black plus the different colors.

There are some pastels that contain dangerous chemicals and ingredients, such as cadmium, etc...and due to the dust, people who work with pastels all the time wear masks! I don't, but I am careful not to blow the dust off my work and get it airborne!

GryffinSong

The dog is wonderful! :heart:

MoonGypsy

Greetings all. With the season upon us I've been kind of busy in my brain with images of a new Lenormand deck. One that is just fun and just ripe for the celebration of the season. I've been itching to get some more art supplies so this was as good a reason as any. I busted out a set of soft pastels and set to work doing my own interpretation of the cards in the fun and colorful style of The Day of the Dead. I was in Mexico earlier this year and was just smitten by the colors and culture down there so really this is a homage to my vacation but thought that some of you here might be interested in seeing how it goes. The first four cards are done and we'll see how the rest turn out over time.
Feliz Dia de los Muertos!

Holy Moly! How in the world did i MISS seeing this, Edmund???? Fabulous!!!! Gotta have it NOW, please....:p Okay, i suppose you need to finish it, first...:p

This deck is totally knocking me out! i ADORE all things Dia de Los Muertos!!!!

WooHoo! Can you tell i am excited??? :laugh:

Storm82

lovely!
and I LOVE pastels

let us know how the other cards turn out

emmsma

You mustn't tease and torture. You cannot show us your wonderful creations and then say - You
haven't given much thought to really doing anything with the images

Think! Think now!

:D

We love them and would consider it a gift to be able to purchase them, one day.

Celice

Wow I really love this! I hope you finish it! :)

Ashtaroot

Adorable dog.. You can actually Feel his gaze....

stellar4

Fabulous work - lenormand with a very original twist! Excellent draughtsmanship, colours and lovely humour. Really looking forward to seeing more images posted as you complete them. I do hope that one day you will produce these in a deck, they are just too good not to.

Stagecraft_kid

I love this. I've been looking for a new Lenormand deck, and this one kills. I hope you decide to finish it, as I would love to have it.

Awesome.