New/Old Rare Lenormand Deck

Tag_jorrit

I have a couple of old Dondorf decks, produced using chromolithography as well, and your description of the card stock describes the warmth and softness of the Dondorf card stock. The vibrance of the colors is remarkable. I can't imagine that they would stand up to heavy use -- witness the Destroyed Dondorf that is now in Le Fanu's hands -- but the feel of the cards is seductively inviting.

Some things don't seem to improve as time goes by. Witness cell phone reception v. land lines. LOL!

Tag_jorrit

Interesting. Both have verses in French but the top Daveluy Ship is flying a French flag while the bottom Geûens-Seaux Ship flies German flags.

Philippe

Pardon my Hercule Poirot-esque insistence but I'd rather say the belgian flag in both cases : 3 vertical stripes black, yellow & red whereas the german flag consists of 3 horizontal stripes.

Tag_jorrit

:) Makes sense since Bruges is in Belgium. Shows you how conversant I am with the Belgian flag :p The colors are right -- but the Daveluy. still, looks Red Yellow and Blue in the scans I was working from. But I believe you.