The Oracle of Shadows and Light

Cat*

I thought this was a good place to mention that I just wrote a detailed blog post about ethnicity in the Oracle of Shadows and Light that might be of interest to other owners or potential buyers of the deck. :)
You can read it if you click on the link to my "homepage" and then look for the entry titled "OMG, your ethnicity is so cute!"
(Mods, please let me know if a direct link is appropriate for once!)

LadyDeborah

I wanted to get this deck. I wanted the original and am not sure if I'll get the reprinting even though it has a few new or changed cards. I have been working with it for several weeks now and I am amazed at how it feels, it's accuracy, and everything about it. I am somewhat surprised because I didn't expect to be so drawn to this type of deck, be it Tarot or oracle. What I really like is the format of the book. I think it is well done and instead of a few lines to explain the cards and readings, it goes into more detail. Some decks are immediately comfortable and easy to relate to. They feel familiar, as if they have been in your possesion for a long time. This is one of those decks to me.

Essjay

Does anyone have both the new and old editions? What is the difference of card stock and size. I mean, could you mix the Shapeshifters and the new edition of Shadows and Light?

gozal3

Which is the preferred edition? Australian edition or USA edition?

ghost271

Gives me the creeps.

So i just bought this deck on a whim and recommendation yesterday. I had only seen a few images online and new that they were a cutesy darkish goth style deck. However once i opened the box the cards just creeped the hell outta me and gave me an eerie vibe. My wife, who was sitting next to me, couldn't look at them. I almost want to give them away but a part of me thinks i should keep them and come back to them another time. I have a few other oracle decks and they have 'personslities' but im afraid of what this decks personality is like. Any thoughts on what i should do ?

WhiteWolfy

I absolutely love this oracle deck (and i also have a backup deck of it) and i also have the Shapeshifters one too (I must admit i love Jasmines artwork).

I love the images on the cards and the cardstock (i'm a glossy gal lol) and have found the readings that i do with them are so spot on. The book that goes with the cards is quite informative too.

I didn't know there was new and old editions though i must look into that!!

Melia

So i just bought this deck on a whim and recommendation yesterday. I had only seen a few images online and new that they were a cutesy darkish goth style deck. However once i opened the box the cards just creeped the hell outta me and gave me an eerie vibe. My wife, who was sitting next to me, couldn't look at them. I almost want to give them away but a part of me thinks i should keep them and come back to them another time. I have a few other oracle decks and they have 'personslities' but im afraid of what this decks personality is like. Any thoughts on what i should do ?

It makes no sense to fear the unknown. Do some readings with them first, then you can make a judgement.

The artwork is not my cup of tea either, but as a reading deck it is accurate, at least for me.

Melia

Which is the preferred edition? Australian edition or USA edition?

I don't have the USA edition ... yet ... but I like the look of that one better myself.

Golden Angel

Awwww... I think this deck is quite cute and I'm not into the dark gothic vampire decks that are out there. However, to each their own and if you don't vibe with it you can always resell it on amazon or ebay or do a trade.

However, this deck is pretty accurate and not in a weird menacing way. I would just do a daily draw with it for one week before you consider selling it off or giving it away. Do the draws in the morning, don't even read the card meanings, just pick a card, set it aside and at the end of the day come back to it and read it. Either you'll be amazed or know for sure you won't like it.

Good luck...

ghost271

I guess in all fairness i should give it a go for awhile. I was thinking about Shadow work in general and that perhaps thats what im really fearing. The fact of facing some of the dark things in my past and dealing with those issues that a lot of us tend to suppress and tuck away. I may have a 'conversation' with them tonight and see how it goes.