REVERSALS: The Moon Reversed

mingbop

I hate the Moon rev. To me this is a very bad card and when I find it in readings connected to my family, it has always meant bad trouble.

rerrett

I just pulled the Moon rx card for a one card reading. The question was 'What activity would be good to do tonight'. I was deciding between work and a little meditation, but left the question open for suggestions.

What's cool is - tonight the moon is void of course, which deepens intuitive abilities, and matches up perfectly with my mediations. I had initially focused on out of balance fear of the unknown as the card's message. Or even- 'not meditation'. As a 'suggestion' card, the sense of 'taking advantage of activities related to the moon's void position' works well for me.

Melanchollic

On the Moon when badly placed,

"A mere vagabond, idle person, hating labour, a drunkard, a sot, one of no spirit or forecast, delighting to live beggarly and carelessly, one content in no condition of life, either good or ill."1

~ William Lilly, 1647

:CL Cheers

R
a
H

1. Lilly, William. Christian Astrology, Astrology Classics, Bel Air MD, 2004, page 81.

Elnor

I am doing a university psychology course on dreams and their meanings, which requires that I do a presentation and essay... the tutor allowed me to do my presentation on the Major Arcana and how they relate to Jung's archetypes, and I looked at how they might manifest as symbols in dreams.

He said for my essay I could expand on some of these and elaborate a bit more, so I've chosen which of the Majors might show up in dreams as aspects of the 'Self'... and I felt that one of these would be the Moon, as symbolic of emotions- since it relates so strongly to water.

If there were any emotional problems, it possibly might appear in dreams as threatening water- floods, dirty stagnant pools or toilets, (which might be it's reversed unconscious aspect?)

I felt that this is why it appears after the Star, in which the figure looks into the pool- so what she sees reflected back is an image of herself- if that image is distorted or perceived as 'bad', then it could most definitely follow on and cause the Dark side of the Moon to be strong- (mind you, this is just me mulling this through as part of this psychology paper!)

elnor

eugim

Xviii-la Lvne

Hello everybody here...

LA LVNE as it s looks in Tarot de Marseilles is for me a Solar Eclipse with all that in a cultural sense would implies,for the people of Tarot time not less for our today.
We can see the dogs seems barking to it.
Animals are very sensitive with Nature changes.
Remember the Tsunami they escape before it came.

Just only my point of view.

Friendly,

Eugim

Melanchollic

Hi Elnor,

You may want to look into orthodox Astrology to reinforce your premise of 'Moon as self' . The idea pre-dates Jung by at least 2000 years. The moon is traditionally used for co-significator of the querent after the Lord of the Ascendent.

Cheers,

R
a
H

mjboy101

could someone elaborate on the hex thing for this card?

a psychic had told me that i had one put on me in a former life [long story but this woman has been dead on about everything. names, people, descriptions of them, etc]

she told me that she was my mother in another life and wanted to help me
so i did a reading on the situation itself and i asked for any knowledge that i should know that i dont already?

and i pulled the moon reversed
so i did some research on the card itself and made some connections
but i just happened to come upon this and the hex/curse thing

could someone elaborate please?
thanks

if anyone wants to know more about my story if it will help make a response easier, let me know =)

[email address removed by moderator]

-matt

Thirteen

mjboy101 said:
a psychic had told me that i had one put on me in a former life [long story but this woman has been dead on about everything. names, people, descriptions of them, etc]
and i pulled the moon reversed
so i did some research on the card itself and made some connections
but i just happened to come upon this and the hex/curse thing
Um...I'm very glad that this woman has been so spot on in her readings and, i assume, helped you in your life. But extraordinary psychic abilities, even spot on readings, do not mean that a reader is always honest and honorable and trustworthy. I, obviously, don't know this woman or you or your relationship with her, but the first thing that popped to mind when you said you got the reversed moon in regards to "what you don't know" about this...was that the psychic was trying to deceive you.

Upright Moon would be a true psychic vision, reversed says it's false or true but being used for deceitful purposes (at least, that's what hits me). I don't mind the part of her telling you she was your mom in a past life...but telling you she "wants to help you" sets off alarm bells.

Like I said, I don't know the situation, but if she's asking you for "money" for her help or anything else in exchange for it, I'd step back from her and her readings for a while. That she can tell you the truth about your life doesn't mean that she won't use your trust and awe of her to scam you.

When you meet someone who is that gifted, it's very easy for them to draw you into their psychic waters, to get you so immersed in past lives, spirit worlds and such that you lose sight of the shore; all you have to hold onto is them; they become your life raft, which is their intent because now you are dependent on them for every move you make.

Please do not become so lost in your past life that you forget about the present/future. Those waters are full of sharks and sea monsters and it's very easy to drown in them.