Sabian Symbols Study Group: Libra 1 - #181

MCsea

lunalafey said:
I'm not really part of this study or know much about it, but I ended up in this thread anyway-

'A butterfly made perfect by a dart through it'

When I read this, a vivid memory came to me and maybe it might add something to your study.
My father was an entomologist and one of the things he did was capture and study butterflies. He would come home from a trip and put the latest batch of butterflies into the freezer for a set amount of time. Later he would take them out & put them onto a special formed block of wood. A long thin black pin would go through the body and into a groove in the board, the wings would be flat on the board and strips of special paper was put over the wings. As the butterflies warmed and dried, they would become permanent and 'perfect' in it's pose.

lunalafey HOW AMAZING and remarkable - thank you for posting this
indeed - perfect - I do see that as a fundamental for this symbol... and the cost of such perfection - AND an example of how this symbol works in a persons daily life and memories.. thank you for posting! and welcome to the symbols :)

Oh and now I see it is a bit like plastic surgery... this 'perfect' symbol - freezing time...