Moon reversed

Vivian

I've been seeing a lot of this card lately in relationship readings. Most of time it appears in the position of one's "feelings" for another; and I've been reading Thirteen's reversal index, but I still don't feel I get a good sense of how this card "feels" like.

It strikes me as somebody who's "crazy," a psychopath. But to what extent? Could this be someone who is "crazy" about somone? Does it represents anything else?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Ligator

There are two cards that for me deals with what you are talking about: the fool reversed and the moon reversed. But I would say that the difference between the cards is that the moon reversed for me sounds more like a manipulative person (that uses the subconscious/intuitive for manipulative purposes.)- A psychopath. Yes! Absolutely.

Thirteen

Vivian said:
It strikes me as somebody who's "crazy," a psychopath. But to what extent? Could this be someone who is "crazy" about somone? Does it represents anything else?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Well, before going all the way to psychopath, let's take a look at more possible options. Taken in context, as with how someone feels towards you, a reversed or blocked moon could simply mean that they're not feeling romantic toward you. Or dreamy or under your spell. That they have no illusions about you--which could be good, except that in love, we should all have some illusions about the other person ;)

I always relate the story about the friend of mine who described her new lover as tall, blond, handsome, like a god! And when we saw him, he was much more like a teddy bear than a god. Roundish, with glasses. That image she had of him was the influence of the Moon--a romantic illusion. A person with a reversed Moon would probably describe their lover quite accurately and unflatteringly, warts and all.

I don't think you need to run away from this person unless you're getting some very weird signals from them. Certainly, a reversed Moon can suggest the "dark side." But more likely, the reversed Moon says that their romantic, dreamy side is blocked. And you may be wondering why there's so little romance and wild fun, even sex, in the relationship.

I think that's a little more likely than psychopath (and I'm really going to have to do some editing on those reversals, because a lot of wise observations by other people weren't included and should have been, especially on the reversed Moon...mea culpa!).

WalesWoman

Well, good Thirteen, I started to make a post earlier and changed my mind about it.

My thoughts were that a Moon Rx was something more superficial, lacking in depth and that there was very little mystery at all, or illusions. I can see that there is more than likely some amount of delusion, but whether it is "owned" by the object of the reading or belongs to the querant is what is in doubt.

The Moon Rx in general is rather than confusion, the person isn't wanting to see or is ignoring their own intuition, more like a new moon, with no light to see by. Absolutely clueless,... so I wonder if the person who feelings are being asked about is clueless that he/she ought to have feelings at all. That they might not even be aware of the person who is asking.

Is there a relationship at all or is it a fishing expedition?

Aladdin

Thirteen,
In mundane astrology the moon is reckoned to represent the mass of a nation's population. i think you have just described how governments get elected and political parties manage to survive !

Vivian

WalesWoman said:
Is there a relationship at all or is it a fishing expedition?

Mostly for a relationship; for several different people, actually. I've been doing a lot of relationship readings lately.

balenciaga

For me, the moon RX has meant "trying to get a grip on one's wild imagination", like if someone says "get a hold of yourself!" If you are spinning and blowing things out of proportion and getting totally paranoid, the moon rx will show that you (or the querent) is trying desperately to get it together.

Thirteen

Aladdin said:
In mundane astrology the moon is reckoned to represent the mass of a nation's population. i think you have just described how governments get elected and political parties manage to survive !
LOL! You mean a nation's population all falls under a romantic illusion? You could have something there!

Ligator

It COULD meen psychopath. But romantic illusion or psychic illusion is also a good interpretation. It all depends on the situation. Asfar as I see it.

/T

PentQueen

balenciaga said:
For me, the moon RX has meant "trying to get a grip on one's wild imagination", like if someone says "get a hold of yourself!" If you are spinning and blowing things out of proportion and getting totally paranoid, the moon rx will show that you (or the querent) is trying desperately to get it together.

I agree with this interp--that's exactly how I see this card. I don't think it necessarily represents a psychopath. I might add that it represents someone who is afraid of their inner nature/subconcious, so they don't understand what's trying to come through, and feel threatened, afraid and crazy...as opposed to getting in touch with thier inner demons and conquering them by the light of the moon. They've suddenly landed on the moon and are drowning in their own fears.