Drawing additional cards

Persephone37

Soraya said:
OK, here goes another question:

It seems that some people draw additional cards when they need more information pertaining to a certain part of the spread. Now how does this work: do you ask a question when drawing the additional card(s)? or does it reply to the same thing as the position in the spread? (e.g. if I want to know more about the root cause of a matter, does the additional card also stand for the root cause or something more precise?)

Thanks for bearing with me.
Soraya

I never draw additional cards, but a very few times when I just lay Tarot to see how I am and what bothers me and how the next day(s) will be, I form out of the first reading a more focused question and lay after completely new shuffling a full new spread. But thats really rare.

Regards
Petra

Rob

cormac said:
i've been studying this thread and another concerning clarifying cards ( http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=39167&highlight=clarify -- this is the other thread) and was wondering if anyone recommends a clarifying card for a single 'day card'? or is that overkill? :)
:D

I like to use a clarifying card for almost any one-card reading. One card simply just doesn't give enough details for me usually, regardless of the subject. I've had good success with just taking a clarifying card off the top for ANY reading about which I'm sure.

214red

i sometimes pull cards from the same unshuffled deck and if the make me go 'Ahhhhhh' i keep them, if not i reshuffle the deck for a clarifying card.

sometimes the clarifying card begs another, but i try to limit those. the other day i did pull 5 and they all made a story