Ten of Swords & Ten of Cups as Feelings

Starshower

What interesting & enlightening ideas, JadoreHauteCouture! I shall bear these in mind. :)

All I can add to what others have said with great insight is my initial knee-jerk reaction - beware!
Both these cards show extremes of feelings, and lurching from one to the other can be a sign of an unstable emotional personality. The phrase "torn between love & fear" comes to mind, reminding me of an ex bf of mine, who used to swing from intense idealisation of me (& of his feelings of bliss & adoration & happiness) to equally intense harshness, giving up on 'us' after behaving badly or having a meltdown he couldn't accept or face apologising for or talking about. It turned out that he suffered from Borderline Personality Disorder (which is much more usual in young women then in middle-aged men!)

Now I'm not in any way suggesting that this card combination means that this man has a mental or personality syndrome at all. Just suggesting that you might like to keep a look out for any hints that he may have rather sudden or extreme changes of mood / confidence / behaviour that cause him to blow hot & cold ... to go from over-analysis to 'happy happy happy' ... until he isn't again!

Just a few thoughts ... please don't take them too seriously. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. And very best wishes to you that things work out for the best! :)

ps You could always pull more cards for clarification.

ArchAngelMeshi

I think it means they are glad its over. Whatever that was.

Alessi

That is a very interesting point Starshower and it resonates with me too. I have drawn this same combination when asking about a certain person who turned out to have bipolar disorder.

I think that this is really worth making a note of.

Cheers

Alessi

What interesting & enlightening ideas, JadoreHauteCouture! I shall bear these in mind. :)

All I can add to what others have said with great insight is my initial knee-jerk reaction - beware!
Both these cards show extremes of feelings, and lurching from one to the other can be a sign of an unstable emotional personality. The phrase "torn between love & fear" comes to mind, reminding me of an ex bf of mine, who used to swing from intense idealisation of me (& of his feelings of bliss & adoration & happiness) to equally intense harshness, giving up on 'us' after behaving badly or having a meltdown he couldn't accept or face apologising for or talking about. It turned out that he suffered from Borderline Personality Disorder (which is much more usual in young women then in middle-aged men!)

Now I'm not in any way suggesting that this card combination means that this man has a mental or personality syndrome at all. Just suggesting that you might like to keep a look out for any hints that he may have rather sudden or extreme changes of mood / confidence / behaviour that cause him to blow hot & cold ... to go from over-analysis to 'happy happy happy' ... until he isn't again!

Just a few thoughts ... please don't take them too seriously. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. And very best wishes to you that things work out for the best! :)

ps You could always pull more cards for clarification.